AF Interview Thread 2010

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HELL YES I AM ACCEPTING! lol Tell them like you’re not sold into it just to make it fun: “mmmm … I don’t know, I appreciate your interest … OK I’m in what the hell.” Lol.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HELL YES I AM ACCEPTING! lol Not to mention it is in MIAMI! Congrats.

Congrats, nuppal! How do you think they’ll feel about you spending most of the work day on AF? :slight_smile:

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats, nuppal! How do you think they’ll feel > about you spending most of the work day on AF? :slight_smile: One of the main questions they asked nuppal: “do you have an AF user name”?

As long as you keep posting you can take the job. Congrats buddy! Have fun on South Beach…smell ya Jenny!

lol, thanks for all the wishes. I think my AF posting will significantly decline in about two weeks lol.

Congrats nuppal! good luck with wealth management, though I would say based on your posts and other opportunities you had you could do better. Either way congrats!

currently at small im firm in Northern Cal, phone interview tomm with big bank in the windy. Getting pumped.

congrats to all who got new jobs, like nuppal. good luck to searchers, like me.

adehbone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Congrats nuppal! good luck with wealth management, > though I would say based on your posts and other > opportunities you had you could do better. Either > way congrats! It’s a start. It’s certainly been a journey trying to get into this firm. I think this was my 4th position I was interviewing for. The other 3 went internal.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > adehbone Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Congrats nuppal! good luck with wealth > management, > > though I would say based on your posts and > other > > opportunities you had you could do better. > Either > > way congrats! > > It’s a start. It’s certainly been a journey trying > to get into this firm. I think this was my 4th > position I was interviewing for. The other 3 went > internal. Will you continue to search actively or will you put that on hold for a time period?

i would post some of mine but they are pretty sad.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i would post some of mine but they are pretty sad. “Tell me why you’re here.” “I have no clue.” “Thank you.”

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i would post some of mine but they are pretty sad. That story about “dude, we shouldn’t even be talking” was fun.

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goldenboy09 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i would post some of mine but they are pretty > sad. > > That story about “dude, we shouldn’t even be > talking” was fun. That happened once at my old firm. Some dude got dinged within 5 minutes of arriving and the story became legend around the office.

SMIRK Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Part-time Crook Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > goldenboy09 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > i would post some of mine but they are pretty > > sad. > > > > That story about “dude, we shouldn’t even be > > talking” was fun. > > That happened once at my old firm. Some dude got > dinged within 5 minutes of arriving and the story > became legend around the office. Wasn’t that guy you?

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goldenboy09 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i would post some of mine but they are pretty > sad. > > That story about “dude, we shouldn’t even be > talking” was fun. I actually met the guy who called me few weeks back. Pretty funny now.

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goldenboy09 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i would post some of mine but they are pretty > sad. > > That story about “dude, we shouldn’t even be > talking” was fun. I will post some of mine this weekend. I have for the most part the best luck on being at the wrong place at the wrong time. For instance, my dad calls me and says if I saw the news on BS and how they are all going to lose their jobs. I said “dad, I am work for bear” he replied"OH"

I interviewed for ER at a US nationwide midmarket IB that’s seen some strong growth and has a pretty well reputed ER department. So, 6 hour session involving about 5 hours of interview and a 1 hour test after an initial 40 minute phone interview the week before. Things go good, I’m basically told I have the job. Next step is to check references, they really want ones from my current employer. So I go through this step as well and while current managers are very supportive, I take myself out of the running for a round of promotions I was a front runner in. Hiring manager says I have the job, starts talking start dates and tells me to expect offer letter in my email by Friday (interview was on Monday). Friday passes, he says very hard to get ahold of people with holidays approaching, expect it following week. That was 5 weeks ago. I’ve been keeping in touch once a week, I call him or he calls me and each week same story (offer letter tomorrow). Finally today, he says he isn’t authorized to hire; word from MD is hiring across all departments is frozen until annual post bonus budget meeting and review mid February. A similar thing happened to my friend with an IB position. Moral of the story: If they ask you if you have any questions at the end of the interview, a valid one may be “Does this position actually exist?”

^ that sucks man. I faced same situation two weeks back, sent my resume to company hr for a job that was posted on LinkedIn. Got his mail back that I should instead apply via company’s website, went through company’s website but the job didnt exist on it. Emailed him back asking the same question ‘does the job exists’, havent heard anything from him. I really thought LinkedIn postings were genuine, esp if they came from company HR, but oh well, I was wrong.