AF Interview Thread 2010

Nicely done man!

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Part-time Crook Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > goldenboy09 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > i would post some of mine but they are pretty > > sad. > > > > That story about “dude, we shouldn’t even be > > talking” was fun. > > > I will post some of mine this weekend. I have for > the most part the best luck on being at the wrong > place at the wrong time. For instance, my dad > calls me and says if I saw the news on BS and how > they are all going to lose their jobs. I said > “dad, I am work for bear” he replied"OH" Me too. I interviewed at an institutional investment consulting firm recently. They called me and the HR assistant was like “Can you come in on XYZ?”. I said sure, I’ll see you then. So I arrive at that date and time only to find out that two of the people I need to speak with aren’t there. I don’t understand why they had me come, at a time of their choosing, if they people I needed to speak with weren’t there. WTF

Very unprofessional…

My interview was a few months back witha BIG ib, very well known. Was a campus recruitment thing and even held an info session prior to the interviews. Two interviews went down and I was feeling good for the first one. But the Guy at the second one was yawning LOL. Of course I did not hear back from them. I didn’t feel good at the interview anyway as I was nervous about it and did not communicate my strengths well. Anyway, I am looking forward to a networking event and hopefully that will help.

My wife was offered a job lecturing at a local university. On the Wednesday morning before she was due to start on the following Monday, the head of the department called up her and told her to come round that afternoon to sign the contract. They had been busy finding an office and desk for her and IT logons etc. So she popped in that afternoon to sign the contract and be shown her new office, only to be told that the Dean had canned the position during lunch and the funds were no longer available. Moral of the story: you ain’t got no job until you have signed the contract

Phone interview for Capital Markets Associate on Friday - 100B regional bank. Applied on website last week heard back next day. Hoping this goes well.