AF Worldwider Gathering

Hey everybody: Ok, so I remember hearing some rumors of an AF gathering several weeks ago, then I didn’t hear anything else. Sooooo, I was thinking an AF worldwide gathering in CHI sometime this summer for 3 days or so. Do we want to do it before or after results are out. Before would be nice because noone would know if they passed / failed yet, but after would be nice because it would give us two months at least after the exam before we have to make any serious plans like plane tickets and hotel. I’m hoping that we can get Dinesh, Jalmy, CFA_Houston, CPK1, mwvt9, mumu? (its a bit of a trek), csfas1, spongebob_CFA, wanderingcfa, n.vancandidate, mcpass, maratikus, TG, Anishcandy, GMofDen, Nibs, slouiscar, and obviously the CHI town crew (Turkish, Zims, and Pink) at the very least as well as anyone else who wants to attend. I strongly appologize to anyone who I missed, I tried to make the list personal, but quickly realized how many serious contributors we have here.

Oh, and JDV, you’re obviously guest of honor if you decide to drop in, it’ll be free drinks for you my friend.

That’s a fantastic idea BS. Lets meet up ALL, I think we have the strongest so called ‘Alumni’ network.

Has to be before results are out.

yea, I think before the results would be a better idea - one less thing to worry about and one more thing to talk about lol. I think the gathering is a great idea but I wouldn’t be able to make it. My wife already thinks I’m cheating on her by spending more time with the Schweser girl and AF; imagine what she would think if I said I’m going to Chicago to meet the AFer haha.

If you want me to cross the Atlantic you better have a stack of beer ready to keep me satisfied for the week!

Why not in the Capital – Washington DC??? CP

That would be a great idea… Chi is close enough for me!

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why not in the Capital – Washington DC??? > > CP Dude, cuz summertime CHI is where it’s AT!

zimzim78 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cpk123 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Why not in the Capital – Washington DC??? > > > > CP > > > Dude, cuz summertime CHI is where it’s AT! I second that!.. Wrigleyville = amazing

chadtap Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > zimzim78 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > cpk123 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Why not in the Capital – Washington DC??? > > > > > > CP > > > > > > Dude, cuz summertime CHI is where it’s AT! > > > I second that!.. Wrigleyville = amazing Bruv, I live a block from Wrigley. We have a front balcony that we get slammered on and invite randoms in spilling out of the stadium after games. It’s awesome! I already have some ideas for group events…all of which will involve drinking heavily. I’m thinking we charter a boat with dinner/bar service and cruise the river/lake for 4-5 hours. For those that haven’t been here before, the skyline views from the lake are UNREAL.

I have some unused airline miles…and I loved CHI when I was there in July, 2005.

i agree, JDV would eat and drink for free all weekend

My wife and I were planning a time to get out there to see some friends this summer. Would love to time it right and meet up.

Sorry, I’m using my kitchen pass to go skiing in Chile this summer. Plus I don’t want to increase the mean age too much.

…after being a cave dwelling hermit for the past 2 months I can’t imagine my wife being excited about the idea of me disappearing for another long weekend. “But honey, I met them in an online forum. Well, yes they are mostly in their early twenties. Yes they are mostly single. Well yeah there will be a few ladies there. But we won’t be drinking a lot or going on a cruise or anything crazy like that. You can come too. I mean I am sure they aren’t anywhere near as stressed or obsessive about these tests or the results like I am.” Actually it does sound like it would be a good time, and like Gmof, the wife and I were planning a trip to get away following T-day. Maybe the windy city would work. The only other time I was there was years ago in Jan. for Midlands. That was not fun.

AF Chi party, summer '08: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/16/22384040_637e9444fb.jpg?v=0 Bring bail money. (and your TI)

slouiscar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > …after being a cave dwelling hermit for the past > 2 months I can’t imagine my wife being excited > about the idea of me disappearing for another long > weekend. > this is exactly my situation. not sure i can manage to be granted a pass. sounds fun though.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sorry, I’m using my kitchen pass to go skiing in > Chile this summer. Plus I don’t want to increase > the mean age too much. I love Chicago, but my age and surliness may cramp y’all’s style. Keep us posted, though. Stranger things have happened.

Hey Everyone, I was actually talking to Zim about planning a meetup this summer and there has already been a lot of interest. We are going to look at our schedules and then try to come up with some dates that would hopefully work for everyone. I think right now we are looking at July or beginning of August. We should certainly pick a weekend when the Cubs are in town. I’ll release an official “Meetup in Chicago Thread” next week. Trust me it will be a blast! Pinkman.