Afraid

Am I the only one afraid to take even the Free CFAI sample exam?? I’m scared that I’m gonna fail and see questions that I have no idea about! Oh F ME!

Same

I did the first two. I did well on the Freebie, but not so well on Version 2. Just did that now, and I can’t get over the MBS questions, I’m still shaking. I hate the stupid red screen. and you miss two questions on a section like that and their assessment is " You have FAILED this section" !!. Take at least one to fine tune your revision strategy accordingly. I think once I’m done with Sch. within the next two weeks, I’ll focus exclusively on reading some parts of the CFAI material ( MBS, credit risk and portfolio management) along with the end of chapter questions ( 3rd time around).

You scaring me mo… but tell me, do you think schweser is of any use?

I’m scared, might take the freebie…but i have the fear factor going on now. But I guess it will help me focus on my weak areas…

F… MBS is one of the few things I did from Schweser. Not that it matters because the CFAI stuff in my brain is in the la la land anyway.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You scaring me mo… but tell me, do you think > schweser is of any use? Well, I’m sure it’s of some use, but this year the sample questions are just very different than Schw. Even in ethics.

Ok, just finished sample. got a 23/30 = 77%. Made some stupid mistakes, but the 2nd item set on Risk Mgmt I got a 50%! What the F was up with that item set. Some of the quesitons I found tricky as I read too much into them, but I’ll take my score any day if it were test day …

i just finished schweser 1 MC, got 75% :-/ some questions were weired

comp_sci: Just wait until you get to Exam 2… I hope you know what a ‘moral absolute’ is…

Just finished looking on the CFAI site for “Sample Exams” and “Mock Exams” Question… for $140 are you guys getting any value added to these exams or is the freebie good enough just to get a feel for the exam? Also, I noticed that CFAI says these exams are past questions WTF? I don’t want to shell out $140 for questions that I already got in the 2000-2007 exams and Stalla.

I would spend the $140 and do them all…I have always done them all… Oh and they are past MC questions that aren’t released to any provider so you havent seen them before.

look, a lot of people passed without getting engrossed in the CFAI sample exams. it happens every year, we still have time and maybe its too early for those who are attempting this exam for the first time (me included). I am not going to scared about what people are saying on this forum, as it appears many people are still reading the material! soldering on …

oh just take it you baby!!

Caspian I did…My post above stated: “Ok, just finished sample. got a 23/30 = 77%. Made some stupid mistakes, but the 2nd item set on Risk Mgmt I got a 50%! What the F was up with that item set. Some of the quesitons I found tricky as I read too much into them, but I’ll take my score any day if it were test day …”

Mazel willy. Now just pass the freakin exam. If I am lucky enough to pass 2 this time, you’ll put a real damper on my celebration if I know Im going to be studying with you for 3.

haha…it’ll be a damper b/c I’ll make everyone so depressed to bring down the score so I can pass :slight_smile:

I just did Schweser’s 1PM and scored 67%. Better than I thought I did. Average score after 533 exams is 63%. They don’t count any scores below 33%. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to have a short, torrid affair with the GIPS.

people last year said the practice exams were extremely helpful, many questions were identical to the real exam

CFA is also trying to build up the reputation of their sample exams, so it stands to reason they would want the real thing and the samples to be similar (more similar than the schweser practice exams anyway).