AM All Topics below 50 - PM All Topics above 50 & 70 - Any ERROR

This is what I got. 6 in AM below 50. I might have barely passed. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 20 - - * 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Individual 16 * - - 4 Equity Investments 17 * - - 5 Economics 20 - * - 6 Portfolio Management - Institutional 18 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Institutional 14 * - - 8 Fixed Income Investments 17 - - * 9 Fixed Income Investments 9 - * - 10 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 * - - 11 Portfolio Management - Performance Eval. 16 - * - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 36 - * - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 - * - - Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - *

Something called nerves? Have you never made a silly mistake?

thanks … totally forgot about it!! That will defintely help to job my memory & point out where i made mistakes.

AM - I got 6/10 above 70%, 3/10 between 51% to 70% and 1/10 for <50% .

PM - 2/11 above 70%, 3/11 between 51 to 70% and 6/11 < 50%.

Fail in Band 8

Thanks everyone for your remarks, advise…

To answer few fellow friends comment, I did follow all the instructions and written the answers within lined spaces with proper numbering or written it under the template when instructed…

The answers written could have been sucked me…however definitely not all…this seems very unlikely…

The luck factors seems to be playing here…specially people who passed boundary or failed band 10…my band was so down due to all this non-sense…i dont even want to reveal…

I know…$100 would not make any change however to convince myself and later not regret…just going for Retab…and will update under this thread…it wont take much time to see their outcome…

All knows its very subjective and many different minds work in grading process for AM session…noone can deny the process might have some deficiency and who know few among thousands may become victims…like me or other fellow aspirants…

Please pray for us that something strange happens and we also ride the same boat as u passers…Cheers

There a similiar thread last year. This might help to reveal the reason for the bizarre morning results:

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91314586?page=1#comment-91452699

It isn’t that unrealistic. If you “know” 40-50% of the material you will get 40-50% in the morning in your free form answers. Yes you will get some guesses correct but you will also make mistakes on stuff you actually know.

In the afternoon your 40/50% will be complemented by your 1/3 * (100-40/50) to give somewhere in the range of 60-67%. Add in a few questions where you know that one of the multiple choices is incorrect and you are down to 1/2 instead of 1/3 for those. They will take you over the 70%. Plus in the PM, you are more likely to get a few gifts such as Ethics where if you study the material, you can get 5/6 or 6/6.

Also on AM, you may have an idea of how to do, say an IPS, but you may not have practised them. Maybe you leave out one of the stages or mix up real vs nominal etc and then don’t show enough of your work to get partial credit.

So while statistically small and out in the tails of the distribution, with 25,000 people taking it, you’re bound to see a few of these scores.

No, but when i wrote the AM (like many others) actually know EVERY QUESTION or at least 90%, so it wasn’t like i went in only feeling 50% confident and came out getting 50%, but i went in actually knew 95% of the material, and even taking into consideration of silly mistakes, i expect roughly 75-80% but ended up getting 55%!

That’s the shocking part.