Am I CFA?

i passed L3 this past June, but I need 1 more year of relevant work experience to receive my charter. Couple of questions: 1) Is my name going to be mentioned in the Wall Street Journal in January? When is the date of publication that will contain CFA info. 2) Can I put CFA next to my name or do I have to wait to get my charter? I presume I can only put “I have passed L3 of the CFA examination (3 for 3 son!)” on my resume? thanks in advance.

1. If the wsj list is CFA Charterholders you will not be on it until you have received the charter. 2. You’re right. you cannot put CFA next to your name until you receive the work experience and the charter. All you can put is that you have passed all three levels.

I was wondering about this too… I forget… can you say “Charter Pending” (I know you can’t give an expected date, but you can indicate that you passed everything).

How did you pass the ethics section?

I can has Cheezburger?

BosyBillups Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How did you pass the ethics section? I was wondering the same…

Are you kidding me? You should have your future charter pulled for asking those questions.

shark777 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BosyBillups Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > How did you pass the ethics section? > > > I was wondering the same… Mostly by being an ethical person. How did you do it? Memorizing the right answer to everything?

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > shark777 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > BosyBillups Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > How did you pass the ethics section? > > > > > > I was wondering the same… > > > Mostly by being an ethical person. How did you do > it? Memorizing the right answer to everything? How did I pass the ethics section? By reading it a few times. I was wondering because the answer to cfa_gremlins’s 2nd question is outlined in the ethics handbook. And the fact that he/she passed all three levels and still asks that question is mind boggling. Just my .02 cents… PS. The answer to the first question is no, cfa_gremlins’s name will not appear in the WSJ issue in January.

Thank heavens - “cfa_gremlin, CFA” would be kind of embarassing to see in the journal

the phrasing is something like “I’ve passed all 3 levels and will be eligible to apply for the charter upon completion of work experience”

That’s fine for an interview… any thoughts on how to condense it best for a Resume. CFA Candidate, all exams complete Passed Level 3 CFA Exam, (date)… hmm…

*Slams head on desk* You passed all three levels of the CFA program and you are asking “Am I a CFA?” This blows my mind for a number of reasons.

C’mon, the CFA as a noun thing is a common joke on this forum. It’s not that crazy for the OP to say that. And the passed-three-levels-but-not-enough-experience issue is not something people have to think about that much at L1 and L2 (and even while taking L3). It’s fine to poke fun at it, but this “outrage” is a little much, I think.

This has to be a joke, a lot of what you’re saying is covered verbatim in ethics! I kind of cracked up because I haven’t passed level 1 yet and this seems like a question that would be on December’s test!

How did I pass the ethics section? Well, that’s the thing, I failed ethics on all 3 exams. At Level I, I studied a weebit of ethics, but it was too boring for me. At L2 and L3, I didn’t study ethics at all. So TMURF - why does my question blow your mind for a number of reasons? what are those reasons?

i think his reasons are quite obvious…

Yes, and not knowing whether one is a CFA or not does not mean one is unethical. The concerning thing is that someone who has any inkling of smarts would know how to research this and not waste everyone’s time. That is the concern. Again proof that the CFA does not mean a good worker.

What does CFA mean? I’ve seen that alot on this site. Isn’t this the Cat Fondlers Anonymous site?

Yawn… who cares. I passed all three and I can tell that I have forgot at least 80% of level three material since I took the test last July. With Ethics, I am pretty sure 90% of the material is foreign to me at this point. Quite frankly, looking back I dont think I gleaned any relevant body of knowledge (i.e. knowledge above what I learned from my job) that is useful in my field (equity analysis). I think most equity analysts would agree