Amazon FP&A at HQ Exit Opps

In f p and a?

so…there is “quality of life” in FP&A?

not sure what you mean. work is work. FP&A is heavily involved in financial modeling, proforma statements, expected performance and because you are dealing with lots of data, some programming skills such as R or Python is a requirement. To top it off, not only do you need to be competent in GAAP but also need deep understanding of valuation and investment concepts and theories. FP&A may be different from company to company but as I have mentioned in another post, I have a buddy who is a Finance Manager at Microsoft, and he can basically do what I do at my work especially if he would be covering the tech sector. I, on the other hand would not be able to take over his job at MSFT.

Not many of the JDs on amazon jobs website say much about programming skills. Only a few, and they mentioned SQL/VBA. I think if you have that it is great though. I am as competent in GAAP and IFRS to the extent of a >70 percent through level 2, same goes for valuation/investment theory (probably higher). Although, I never use either of those in my day to day job.

A year in alts and following Damadoran at NYU is the extent of my financial modeling. Probably sufficient. I actually found out yesterday that the guy I am talking with is just a recruiting coordinator. Granted he does work with the recruiters directly, still slightly deflating. Have a long way to go.

I try to stay away from programming and accounting.

You must be an execution trader…

https://www.analystforum.com/forums/careers/91359949

thanks Igor. I would guess isaiah is corporate finance guy in the management level. But isn’t corporate finance accounting?

to be honest no one really knows what ace does, not even sure he knows what hes doing at work

I don’t know about exit ops, but the Belltown neighborhood in Seattle would be a great place to live for a young professional. Lots of cool restaurants/bars and you could walk to work everyday. You’re close to the water, too. One of the great neighborhoods in smaller cities in the country. I love that place.

Nah, brah, I don’t know all the accounting rules.

Just revenue and profit metrics.

Most ive done in accounting is accruals and deferrals in past.

im learning though

COO just bought a nightstick … it’s coming tomorrow

this is by far most entertaining workplace I’ve worked