Another Earth

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/anotherearth/ Anyone else pumped about this?

man, i thought there really was another earth found - that way I could really diversify my asset portfolio

ah man I thought the same thing - another planet discovered. Would be nice to see that happening in my life time. And super cool if contact with life on another planet happens before I die. Anyway is this a JJ Abram’s movie is it? like his stuff.

Wow, just watched the trailer. It was sending chills down my spine. I’m a total nerd for these kinds of movies. Pumped.

Ya thought the same thing… was really excited for a minute. Looks like a decent flick.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow, just watched the trailer. It was sending > chills down my spine. I’m a total nerd for these > kinds of movies. > > Pumped. Selected quote: “I’m a total nerd.” Haha. It’s a cool concept, but it looked sad. Maybe it was that cold play nonsense.

cfa_bombay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ah man I thought the same thing - another planet > discovered. Would be nice to see that happening > in my life time. And super cool if contact with > life on another planet happens before I die. > > Anyway is this a JJ Abram’s movie is it? like his > stuff. No, indie film, new director

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Haha. It’s a cool concept, but it looked sad. > Maybe it was that cold play nonsense. It wasn’t coldplay. It’s supposed to be a down tempo flick, it’s gonna be awesome.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow, just watched the trailer. It was sending > chills down my spine. I’m a total nerd for these > kinds of movies. > > Pumped. AM, in some ways it reminds me of the Battlestar Gallactica / Caprica series and also the film Gattacca in a way. That was a great film too if you haven’t seen it.

Thank God this is just a thread about a movie. For a second I thought someone had discovered the secret alternate earth where I’ve been dumping all the bodies.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thank God this is just a thread about a movie. > For a second I thought someone had discovered the > secret alternate earth where I’ve been dumping all > the bodies. LOL Found another incredible review about the background for this movie. Apparently it came out of nowhere, no one was even tracking it for Sundance, before it won the whole thing. And the most INCREDIBLE PART? That blond actress is a former IB Analyst who took a sabbatical to co-produce and star in the film!!! I feel like such an underachiever right now. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/sundance-review-earth-75062

I was about to say it probably will get 6.5 on IMDB, but then i actually checked and it got 6.7. Anything below 7 is a waste of time

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was about to say it probably will get 6.5 on > IMDB, but then i actually checked and it got 6.7. > > Anything below 7 is a waste of time If it only got a 6.7 it’s borderline, IMDB ratings are tough, an 8 is a great movie. If you like the subject matter then it’s worth it.

First off, it hasn’t even seen wide release yet and is working off roughly 100 reviews versus 100,000 for a large movie. Wait until release to recheck the rating. Secondly, it’s a sundance winner, and if you look at what few reviews there are, they’re polarized between 1 stars and 10 stars. I wouldn’t consider a Sundance winner “a waste of time”, could anyone possibly be that snobby?

Fox Searchlight has a better track record than pretty much any other studio. They usually make gold.

They didn’t make this, it was an indie film, they just bought distribution rights. They made the whole film “guerilla style”, she described buying and returning the Mac used for editing every 14 days cause they didn’t have the cash for a computer.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > First off, it hasn’t even seen wide release yet > and is working off roughly 100 reviews versus > 100,000 for a large movie. Wait until release to > recheck the rating. Secondly, it’s a sundance > winner, and if you look at what few reviews there > are, they’re polarized between 1 stars and 10 > stars. I wouldn’t consider a Sundance winner “a > waste of time”, could anyone possibly be that > snobby? Usually when movie is released to wide audience rating drops :slight_smile:

Let me put it this way, every major film mag is giving this thing killer reviews and they won sundance after ending to a standing ovation. I trust those people over some bum called CSK who hasn’t even seen the film… :). Douche.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Wow, just watched the trailer. It was sending > > chills down my spine. I’m a total nerd for > these > > kinds of movies. > > > > Pumped. > > > AM, in some ways it reminds me of the Battlestar > Gallactica / Caprica series and also the film > Gattacca in a way. That was a great film too if > you haven’t seen it. Haven’t seen it, I now have a plan for tonight (Friday). Does that make me a lame? Watching Gattacca on a Friday night? hahaha

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Wow, just watched the trailer. It was sending > > > chills down my spine. I’m a total nerd for > > these > > > kinds of movies. > > > > > > Pumped. > > > > > > AM, in some ways it reminds me of the > Battlestar > > Gallactica / Caprica series and also the film > > Gattacca in a way. That was a great film too > if > > you haven’t seen it. > > Haven’t seen it, I now have a plan for tonight > (Friday). > > Does that make me a lame? Watching Gattacca on a > Friday night? > > hahaha Not at all. ‘Going out’ for the sake of going out is overrated. If there is something fun to do and you’re passing it up to watch some nerd show - yes. I don’t know who is society decided that if its a Friday night and you don’t feel like going out you’re lame.