Another honor suicide?

Merckle is dead baby Merckle is dead. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hGqiNfBrWi4bDU4XMNDfr_JRjsWAD95HNLM01

dude, show the man some respect…

you really do need help

huh? what did i say?

The way you phrased it sounds as if you are celebrating a World Series victory or the death of an oppressive tyrant. ''Yankees win baby Yankees win"

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The way you phrased it sounds as if you are > celebrating a World Series victory or the death of > an oppressive tyrant. > > ''Yankees win baby Yankees win" Didnt mean it to come across as such. The line was from Pulp Fiction “Zed is dead baby Zed is dead.” A bit careless but not intentionally hurtful.

The phrasing is ambiguous, I thought it meant two people had died, Merckle and Baby Merckle.

Pulp Fiction is one of my favorite movies and I didn’t catch the reference. Perhaps because Merckle doesn’t rhyme with dead. Sad story.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The phrasing is ambiguous, I thought it meant two > people had died, Merckle and Baby Merckle. Don’t worry…for the longest time I thought ‘Johnson & Johnson’ was just one guy…happens to the best of us.

I got the Pulp Fiction reference and immediately thought, what does this guy have in common with Zed?

Well ya, and plus the word “another” tips us off that Baby Merckle has died in addition to Sr. Merckle’s unfortunate death…can we just have this thread deleted please.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The phrasing is ambiguous, I thought it meant two > people had died, Merckle and Baby Merckle. friggin hilarious

hopefully this dude didn’t sodomize Ving Rhymes

There is nothing funny about poor punctuation. The simple use of a comma could have saved me a Google search looking for Baby Merckle’s death!

Wasn’t there another high ranking executive in Europe that jumped in front of a train months ago? That is one nasty way to go.

if i was in his place i wuda just salvaged whatever i could of the remaining investments rather than committing hara-kiri.

There’s a difference between “honor” and “face.” Honor is something that is intrinsic, based on deep principles, and cannot be taken away forcefully. Face is extrinsic, superficial, and can be taken away from others. Conflating these two concepts leads to imbuing some type of nobility onto a stupid act. For example, the term “honor killings” whereby the male members of a family adhering to fundamentalist beliefs of a religion kills their female members due to some infraction of the rules of that religion. These are killings to save face, not to preserve honor.

Wow… sublimity those’s is some nice words

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There’s a difference between “honor” and “face.” > > Honor is something that is intrinsic, based on > deep principles, and cannot be taken away > forcefully. > > Face is extrinsic, superficial, and can be taken > away from others. > > Conflating these two concepts leads to imbuing > some type of nobility onto a stupid act. For > example, the term “honor killings” whereby the > male members of a family adhering to > fundamentalist beliefs of a religion kills their > female members due to some infraction of the rules > of that religion. These are killings to save > face, not to preserve honor. sublimity = bchadwick???

Nope. Do you think bchadwick would do the things to comp_sci_kid’s or WillyR’s mom that I do, then brag about it on AF? My new year’s resolution was to be more how I am in real life and try to contribute something of value, as opposed to insulting/fighting with people for cheap entertainment.