Anyone able to apply for the 2018 scholarship? I am able to, is that telling?

I am honestly not tracking this conversation all that well, but, I saw the screenshots Mitchell posted and found those screens. I don’t have the scholarship info on either of those examples (Your Program or Your Profile pages).

I’ve never applied for a scholarship at any level and would be willing to do so (and withdraw) if anyone thinks it’d help test the theory here. Let me know.

I’m very skeptical of the entire thing, but if it was a legitimate tell last year then who knows… and regarding whether the results would be in the system yet or not - I’d just add that the CFAI would set a conservative date to release scores. I’m guessing their 10 week grading timeline leaves extra contingency time in case something goes wrong along the way. Logic would then hold that if nothing goes wrong in 2017 with the process… they might be days or weeks ahead of the schedule they made public. Who knows?

and yet you checked Mitchell’s posts and replied to the thread… )))

let’s all agree it is interesting to ponder/speculate/deduct if you have free time to do so…after all we are all analysts i guess…

My 2 cents as Ex software engineer, Currently not seeing apply scholarship doesn’t tell anything as they have Reseted every candidate ID in database so by default we dont see it. But there is a link that “Apply 2018 scholarship” that triggers a code which opens access to scholarship page. What will happen next? once MPS is set and results are uploaded into Database they should run a query which will block again scholarship application access to ones who passed (will show again 1 box) and will keep it open (show 2 boxes) to ones who failed. What you should do? Just start an application for 2018 scholarship and stop it on 1st step, (click save for later) and then click Withdraw. You will now see 2 boxes, then visit page regularly to see if box is still there or its gone. If gone it should be pretty sure that you’ve passed. What can go wrong? They can run query to open scholarship access to failed candidates AFTER release of results, then this method will not tell anything and we all will see 2 boxes till results day. One/Two box screenshot: https://mobile.twitter.com/OneorTwoBox

$5c to Dubinko ! good stuff…logical.

or better alternative is F>>K that, get a new girlfriend, chill, dance and wait till 8/8/17.

Sounds reasonable but Mitchell sees the links even and has never applied for a scholarship. How does that reconcile with this logic?

what you’ve mentioned for what will happen next has already happened. Hence the whole discussion.

Is the thought that this should only be a tell for L3 because passers finish the program (therefore shouldn’t have a scholarship opportunity next year)? Whereas L1 and L2 candidates should have scholarship links even if they pass?

few L2 candidates are also not able to see the scholarship page… check out L2 forum…

Guys, don’t buy into this theory…

You’ve just scared “kids” and spread panics all over the AF.:slight_smile: If it’s a sign anyway, that’s just our thing.

confirmed that this is definitely NOT the same “glitch” as last year.

I, along with Flashback, both accidentally registered for the access scholarship and now it is a perma-link on our program page. it was definitely not there prior to mistakenly clicking the link to the scholarship. sent an inquiry to CFAI info desk and they confirmed that the app has been withdrawn:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that your scholarship application has been withdrawn.

I hope this is helpful. If you need further assistance, please respond to this email or call us at +1 (434) 951-5499. Toll free numbers can be found on our contact us page.

Best regards,

Justin

Client Services Representative| CFA Institute

Hey govt_cheese and Flashback, I had made the same mistake back in June as well hahaha, yeah I wouldnt read too much into it. Good lucky boys!

govt_cheese,

I didn’t get how this call cancels the fact that you have link open now, and once you pass it will get closed . So if you see it disappeared some day (before 8 Aug) then there must be something - most probably pass results which uploaded to website

Hi Flashback!

So yeah, I think it’s just a glitch. I don’t see the 2 boxes, and the scholarship page is not accessible through my profile, BUT if I get to the scholarship page through the direct link and click apply for 2018 scholarship, then the second box will show up on my profile until I withdraw which then will remove it from my profile.

It didn’t remove it from my profile after withdrawal

Hmmm that’s very weird then… so you tried applying and then withdrew and it’s still there?

I’m out of ideas now =/…

Exactly

It also did not remove for me after withdrawal.