Anyone able to apply for the 2018 scholarship? I am able to, is that telling?

Agreed. Went ahead and posted in the Level II forum to see if people will share what they can see and their results in a week’s time. Think it’ll be able to provide a pretty definitive yes or no answer with help from Level II guys and gals.

I see one box in mine this year. I saw two last year (level 3 as well) and failed.

But idk, could be a fluke. Not sure. Any retakers out there who can chime in?

What do you mean by boxes?

I think it’s just a glitch too tbh. It only disappeared after i applied and then immediately withdrew and suddenly it disappeared. Someone else mentioned that that happened with them too.

But yeah what box are you referring to?

Getting feedback from level II guys and some see both boxes, some see only one.

Sorry what do you mean by boxes?

Does anyone know how we can upload images from our iPhone?

F it, I posted the two different views here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OneorTwoBox

Oh I see what you’re referring to now. Was it the same boxes glitch last year too? I remember just checking if we had the option to apply for a scholarship last year meant you failed cause I was one of them. I don’t remember it being one or two boxes.

Not sure man! I took Level II last year and didn’t check for any glitch. I think the one or two box is a sign though, it was something I read about through a random thread and I think those are the boxes they are talking about.

Has anyone tried the following?

1 – Log in

2 – Go to https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/cfaprogram/scholarships/Pages/index.aspx

3 – Scroll down and click on “Begin or manage your application”

4 – Click on “Apply for 2018 Access Scholarship”

I find it so hard to believe that if this was a legitimate tell last year that they would leave it uncorrected this year. It should have been an easy programming fix. Honestly, it would be inexcusable, especially with respect to the point of their entire prolonged grading process and QC etc., for them to just do nothing.

In sum, in order to believe this is legitimate you have to believe they set the MPS yesterday on the first day of the week where they set Level III MPS, almost immediately processed it in their system, and also did nothing to correct the bug from last year that caused this scholarship discrepancy. You also have to believe that somehow, this applies to level II given that they have differing scholarship views as well, despite the fact that they should be able to apply for scholarships regardless of any results.

I think it is a slight variation to the tell from last year, but definitely think if you’re not seeing the access scholarship tab, it is a pass tell sign.

But then how to do you explain Level II? There’s no logic behind it there, you are just arbitrarily assigning no scholarship to passing.

I managed to find last years thread. Last year for people who passed, when they go into the scholarship page, they see two boxes which consist of:

CFA Program Apply for 2017 Access Scholarship Manage My Scholarship Applications

CFA Program You are not eligible to apply for Access Scholarship

so it is different this year so I don’t think it’s a legitimate tell this year.

Like anything it is a guess and won’t be able to be proven till results come out over the next couple of weeks. Who knows, could be wrong but don’t you think it is at least a bit strange that individuals at both level II and III have differences in what they see?

I do think it’s completely bizarre and they need to sort their site out lol. Should have been clear this needed to be done last year.

agree 100%. Usually don’t get caught up in the conspiracy theory but it just seems ultra strange. Hell a guy in the level II forum said the access scholarship tab wasn’t showing then he applied and withdrew and now it shows. Super strange and inconsistent, especially since I see the access scholarship and haven’t ever applied for one. Sorry to get everyone all riled up, just got extremely obsessed for some reason.

I am a CFA level III candidate and the same thing (i.e. as the guy in the level II forum) happened to me tonight.