Anyone just passed CFA and thinking of doing MBA?

What’s your thought on this? Is it worth it? Are CFA and MBA viewed as equivalent in the job market? If I still have to do MBA, I’ll wait until I find a company who can sponsor me.

More importantly, is CFA > MBA?

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > More importantly, is CFA > MBA? OH NO HE D’IIINNNNTT

For the record, having completed both this year: MBA > CFA

Going for L3 next june and apply to bschool for 2012. Depending on what you want to do it can be complementary, or radically apart.

Yea, I took GMAT last Dec and finished my CFA III this June. Applying B-school rignt now.

Which business school? Harvard > CFA > University of Phoenix.

Do you think Wharton, NYU Stern, or Columbia also > CFA? ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Which business school? Harvard > CFA > University > of Phoenix.

Yes, particularly because those three schools all have (relatively successful) career placement.

Not that I already got accepted, but of NYU and Columbia, which one would you guys choose? Wharton is too far away in PA, plus not likely to be able to be working and studying as most job opportunities are in NY.

sleepybird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you think Wharton, NYU Stern, or Columbia also > > CFA? Yes. No question.

MBA =çcos sin (CFA) dx.

sleepybird Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m sure some people will disagree with me, but my impression is that Columbia is generally regarded as the better school. Their job statistics are just slightly better than NYU’s. Neither is as reputable as Wharton, however.

if the CFA was an MBA what would you rate it as? Top 15-20? Is the CFA >= Cornell/UVA/UT Austin?

I came across the following page. I think the ranking is now clear. But at which rank does the CFA kick in (what do you think?). http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/

What the? You do know that Business Week rankings are worthless, right? Ok, “worthless” is a pretty strong word, but I hope you’re not basing life decisions on these sorts of lists.

Really? Thanks for letting me know. Then is there a trustful ranking at all? ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What the? You do know that Business Week rankings > are worthless, right? > > Ok, “worthless” is a pretty strong word, but I > hope you’re not basing life decisions on these > sorts of lists.

BiPolarBoyBoston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if the CFA was an MBA what would you rate it as? > Top 15-20? > > Is the CFA >= Cornell/UVA/UT Austin? haha yeah right. Maybe 2nd tier.

I think the two deal with completely different areas. MBA is more about management and learning to work with people and manage groups. CFA is about learning the $hit out of the capital markets. I have found my MBA experience so far to be very rewarding in learning and I would say I have learned more useful things in MBA than finishing the CFA. Now in terms of “value”, that is an entirely different story because you can’t beat value at $3k vs $50k

In Boston and in the mutual fund industry the CFA beats all the MBA programs except for Harvard & MIT.