Applied for membership in advance of 9\8

My info wasn’t long, essentially it was the info on my resume. I did emphasize how it related to the investment-decision process, because that’s what was asked. I was approved for membership in like 2-3 days.

I submitted a very comprehensive explanation for all my 4 roles in last 54 months. In total i wrote about 14 pages (i know right!) with lots of white space in-between. However, i think it was well worth it as mine was approved by both the Institute and local society in 48 hours. I used the structure - context of the role, value added (what input i used, what i did to it, how and why), users of output and how it fitted the investment management process.

I just felt in rhythm one day and spent 3 consecutive hours to write it all. Re-visited a few days later to correct grammatical stuff, used a few terms from cfa curriculum, added a bit from recent affairs in the industry etc.

I had to do a presentation for this year’s grad intake, so i had to get a bit wordy for that anyway. I just leveraged it.

My membership was approved!

I wrote about 3 sentences in 5 minutes and was approved within 48 hours. Were you able to complete the AM portion of the test??

Holy Crap. I wrote a total of a page and a half for all 4 positions over 48 months.

Mine was about 2/3 of a page for 51 months, 4 positions

Completed mine a couple of weeks ago (with about a page of bullet points describing rekevant roles). Still waiting for all of my references to do their bit though. If I pass on Tuesday, I’ll definitely chase up the references – otherwise, there’s no rush…!

Mine got approved just a day back within 48 hr. of submission. Ouch…I see this as an early indication of a fail, they can see my results. No harm giving me a green immediately to get some money if I apply and pay before results. The point is not whether I am eligible or not, but why they would approve within 48 hrs. just 4 days before results. A) If I fail, which they can see and they approve after the results, I may not apply and pay dues. B) If I fail, and they approve before the results, at least there is some chance I will pay their dues before the results, they ought to take this chance. Bottom line : I probably failed, because I overcomplicated every Q in the AM

People are buggin!

Let’s all wait till 9/8 and if we pass we will have enough time to discuss the specifics

This might just be my favorite post on this forum, ever

Not even thinking about applying for membership until (hopefully) is see the word “Congratulations”

How much time takes from submitting working experience till CFAI approval? They says maximum 10 business days but there are many posts that could take a couple of weeks or even longer.

LLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

My application is taking forever – it’s three weeks and counting now, since none of my three references has written anything yet!

@Imperfect

This means that has not been submitted nor started yet. Try to call your references. Mine working experience months have approved status in total but both CFAI and Society still stay under “working experience review”.

LOL - Before I had a chance to reply, you read my mind dude.