Apply for membership today?

They may not have set MPS yet but if you have 75% of total points, MPS is moot.

That said, I read about this on a blog somewhere so as much as I would love to think it means something, I was expecting this. CFAI is just trying to balance the amount of work they have to do in August by getting a few weeks head start.

I agree though that it is a total slap in the face to send this out, have people pay up and get references, and then fail them. Cruel.

i REALLY doubt that I’d score +75% lol …

the thing that makes me most angry is that its working. I just talked to my references and started writing up work experience statements. Damn the power of suggestion.

Until someone says they did not get the email, it means it went out to everyone

1. Did anyone who failed last year also get the email last year?

2. Has anyone who sat for the exam this year and is not under some sort of investigation not received the email?

1. I failed last year and I did NOT get this email HOWEVER no one on this forum mentioned receiving any email like the one we got.

guy guys guys (and ladies) Calm down. If there was a magical July email that foreshadowed passing we’d already know about it. It must me a new thing and it must go out to everyone.

Commence worrying about what your results will look like

Well Said Fraser !

Enjoy the summer guys… Cheers!

Hi Guys!. I was excited to see this email andreally thought it was an expectation to pass… I did not get such email last year when I failed. actually, I think its a good idea to register early especially if you have gained the pre-requisite experience already.

sure a not…

maybe its just a new thing for CFAI to send out emails to L3 candidates to join as members

dun read too much into it…higher hopes = greater fall

i got the email as well fyi

I got post exam survey email, but didnt get this membership email :slight_smile: Means nothing folks :slight_smile:

I got this e-mail as well. I feel that I have a good chance of passing, and was tempted to begin the process, but then I rememebered the work experience thing. Does anyone know how it works? My relevant experience is with my former employer that I left on bad terms. Will CFAI contact them to verify the work experience? If so, I only want to apply for membership once I know for sure I have it secured. That way it will be a nice slap in the face of my former employer to remind them of what they have lost, and how much happier I’m now in a non-hostile work environment.

Hi guys I am a regular member already, did my level III exam this June. I did not get this membership email. What i understand from this is that they have sent out this email to all Level III candidates who are not regular members. Hope this makes sense

Guys…I got the email too! I will not read a meaning to it as i assume it is a way to prepare us for the big day. On the other hand, I am wondering if the CFAI thought about the impact on candidates if they were to seek references prior to the release of exam result and still end up failing. The referees will justifiably see it as a failed boast.

In any case, I had filled out my work experience and added referee details before the CFAI email. I just did not have the courage to click the send button to the referees. With the CFAI email, I will gladly send to my referees by using the email as evidence so as not to be seen as being over zealous.

I do not think that they will contact your former employer. However, they expect you to use at least one former supervisor as a referee.

I got the email and had already started the application process prior. I am waiting for the submission of one of my 3 references. After that I will submit it. Will activate it if/when I pass level III - hopefully on August 6th :slight_smile:

just curious: anyone who sat for the past level 3 exam did not receive this email? (also, not already a regular member )

against my better judgment I submitted the references. Whatever. If i fail I will just tell my boss that I worked too hard to have any time to study. I guess you dont have to pay until you activate

Screw it - I just did the same thing. Might as well get it in now. My colleague came over and was like - you passed?

no. not yet…