Apply for membership today?

I know. This is going to make not passing a little bit worse but hey, at least my local society offers a 10% discount to a subscription to the Economist!

Here’s a question, can you apply and then NOT pay the dues until you find out you pass?

That is, does you acceptance for membership just sit there approved until you pay?

“this” is not news. I said same in the 3rd or 4th comment. It was posted back in March on finquiz or 300 hours that this would happen. That said, CFAI wants to know if you are serious or not. Best of luck whatever you decide.

/thread

^i think by mere virtue of the fact that we passed levels 1 and 2 and took level 3, they should know we are serious.

i also got the mail, i was very happy thinking that i may have passed and thats why they are asking me. but turns out it means nothing… hv to wait for Aug 6th… no point thinking an early high.

Out of curiosity, whats the title of the email?

“Apply For Membership Today”

I didnt receive the email, better to just sign up in advance then…early fail

Anybody else didnt receive this?

^^ if you are already a member then you would not get it

It is a good thing they sent us the email. I got in all my references yesterday and have submitted. Hopefully, I will hear from CFAI in 6 to 8 weeks as promised.

But surely I aint paying jack if I do fail.

The curious thing is im not a member and i didnt get it. Sooraj are you a member?

Called up the CFA and they say that the e-mail is being sent from their marketing department in waves. So some may have received it and some might not depending on the security settings. No indication/correlation to exam results. Anyone could log in the website and apply for membership if they want to. Hope that clarifies

Called up the CFA and they say that the e-mail is being sent from their marketing department in waves. So some may have received it and some might not depending on the security settings. No indication/correlation to exam results. Anyone could log in the website and apply for membership if they want to. Hope that clarifies

Wow stac1. Kudos to you for going the extra mile to check that. Presumably you live in the US so it will be easier though. Helps to soothe paranoid nerves like mine. Just hope it isn’t some more insidious problem like I didn’t fill in my candidate number or sign the candidate pledge in which case I can go find the nearest window in my building.

CFAI is just trying to avoid the rush of applications when the results come out. You can get your membership approved without actually joining, so it won’t have to cost you the annual dues if you don’t pass. Of course, CFAI hopes you will pay regardless.

Can we get our work experience approved without paying for membership fees now? Or do I have to pay membership fees and then get CFAI to look at my work experience? One more thing, Do i have to submit the whole application to get them to look at my work experience? Or I just have to update the work experience section without having to submit the application?

Thanks

You fill out all your work experience as part of the process. You list your references, and when the references respond to the CFAI email they receive, you are able to submit the application for membership. At that point, the work experience is reviewed. If your experience meets the requirements, then they approve your membership. (I am currently waiting for them to approve my work experience). Then you pay dues to activate it. So you can be approved but don’t have to activate until after you get your results.

^^ great thanks