Average Age?

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i was being sarcastic with my post in case anyone > missed it. Yea we got it. Very subtle, lol.

I started working the same month I turned 20. It was a full-time internship that became a full-time job upon graduation. Squeezed 21 credits from Mondays - Wednesdays during early morning/late night, was able to go to the office after and put in a cool 40-50 hour week. Life sucked then.

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I started working the same month I turned 20. It > was a full-time internship that became a full-time > job upon graduation. Squeezed 21 credits from > Mondays - Wednesdays during early morning/late > night, was able to go to the office after and put > in a cool 40-50 hour week. Life sucked then. Good for you man, that is very industrious (I mean that sincerely, no sarcasm). Have you had your work experience approved by CFAI yet though? It might not be a slam dunk and you could end up being “Charter Pending” for a while. Hopefully not, but if you peruse the L3 board you will find quite a few people who had their experience denied.

Yea, I’ve read some posts, and fear that may be my fate, though I will try to make a strong point…we’ll see, if its denied, I would have to wait another 6 months…so not too crazy.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nuppal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Sorry if this has already been discussed. I > kind > > of lurk on this arena of the boards. > > > > I just want to see what the general age break > down > > is for the CFA or CFA In Training people on > this > > board is. > > > > I am > > -22 > > -Sitting L1 December > > -Anticipating finishing L3 by the time I am > 24-25 > > (25 is assuming I have to retake 1 test, > hopefully > > not) > > -Designation probably sometime around 26-27 > (due > > to work requirement and MBA possibly getting in > > the way of that) > > > > And then at 28, with your CFA designation out of > the way, you can FINALLY sleep with a girl! Dude, why?! when he can sleep with his charter right to 30 then maybe a girl :wink:

I’m 21 (turning 22 this year) and taking the L3 in 2010. Currently have only 1 year work experience. Does anyone know whether the required work experience used to be just 3 years?

I’m 21 (turning 22 this year) and taking the L3 in 2010. Currently have only 1 year work experience. Does anyone know whether the required work experience used to be just 3 years?

wazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m 21 (turning 22 this year) and taking the L3 in > 2010. Currently have only 1 year work experience. > Does anyone know whether the required work > experience used to be just 3 years? It was 3 years previously but they changed it to 4 a while ago.

wazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m 21 (turning 22 this year) and taking the L3 in > 2010. Currently have only 1 year work experience. > Does anyone know whether the required work > experience used to be just 3 years? when did you graduate? In US, we don’t graduate from college @ 19

You can start taking CFA while in college.

JensensalphaMale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It was 3 years previously but they changed it to 4 > a while ago. So does the 4 year requirement apply to all candidates or only to those who first registered after the change? cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > when did you graduate? In US, we don’t graduate > from college @ 19 Typical undergrad course in Australia is only for 3 years and I was lucky enough to skip a year of highschool.

I finished undergrad at 20, and am on track to have MBA and charter by 25 (assuming I pass level 3 in June…)

wazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JensensalphaMale Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > It was 3 years previously but they changed it to > 4 > > a while ago. > > So does the 4 year requirement apply to all > candidates or only to those who first registered > after the change? I believe it only applies to those that registered after the change. However, this happened many years ago (you were probably still in high school) so I’m certain that you have the 4-year requirement.

You had to have completed the first level before the change, which I think took place in 2005

Rydex Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can start taking CFA while in college. only level I in senior year.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nuppal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Sorry if this has already been discussed. I > kind > > of lurk on this arena of the boards. > > > > I just want to see what the general age break > down > > is for the CFA or CFA In Training people on > this > > board is. > > > > I am > > -22 > > -Sitting L1 December > > -Anticipating finishing L3 by the time I am > 24-25 > > (25 is assuming I have to retake 1 test, > hopefully > > not) > > -Designation probably sometime around 26-27 > (due > > to work requirement and MBA possibly getting in > > the way of that) > > > > And then at 28, with your CFA designation out of > the way, you can FINALLY sleep with a girl! That or ive fucked more cat than you can imagine. The one posting virginity jokes, well, you are what you hate.

It sounds like I belong in the skinny tail… 37; wife; 3 kids; full time demanding job; Taking L1 in Dec. And yes, I am a little insane.

I never even heard of the CFA until about 25 years old coming from a computer science background… I decided to start studying for it when I was 27… I’m 30 now and I just passed L2. If I pass L3 next year I should have my charter when I’m 31.

I would have thought it was impossible, but I’m beginning to wonder whether folks in the investment management industry are even less interesting that Wall Street lawyers.

I don’t like this post…it depresses me.