Average Age?

Here are the facts on CFA candidate ages: Age 21-25 23% 26-30 41% 31-35 21% 36-40 10% 41-45 3% 46-50 2% 51-55 .6% https://www.cfainstitute.org/aboutus/overview/stats.html So, 64% are 30 or younger.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That or ive fucked more cat than you can imagine. > The one posting virginity jokes, well, you are > what you hate. Don’t worry, Mr. Bojangles is all yours.

24 here, L3 candidate in Irvine, CA :slight_smile:

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I finished undergrad at 20, and am on track to > have MBA and charter by 25 (assuming I pass level > 3 in June…) So…where’s that 4 years work experience coming from? Unless you were stuck in some crap undergrad school, graduating too early is basically cutting out valuable life experiences. I’m 23, level II candidate.

34 will be 35 when i sit level II next yr…

23, june 2010 L2 candidate (will be 24 then)

HungryRapaNui Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > artvandalay Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I finished undergrad at 20, and am on track to > > have MBA and charter by 25 (assuming I pass > level > > 3 in June…) > > > So…where’s that 4 years work experience coming > from? Unless you were stuck in some crap undergrad > school, graduating too early is basically cutting > out valuable life experiences. > Graduated high school at 17 - I had around 50+ college credits from doing PSEO for general requirements Finished undergrad in three years at age 20 First year of work and CFA level 1 age 21 Second year of work and CFA level 2 age 22 Third year of work and first year MBA age 23 Fourth year of work, 2nd year MBA, CFA level 3 age 24 Assuming pass charter August/September age 25 - and that’s my plan It has not been very fun and I wouldn’t recommend it, but I wanted to get this stuff checked off while I knew I still had the time/capacity to do so. After this year I will never have to study again, so there.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > After this year I will never have to study > again, so there. Not true. Knowledge is a journey, not a destination. There will be developments/changes in the field that you will need to stay current with. Granted, that would probably be easier than studying 500+ hours for an exam.

^Thanks buzz killington I realize continuing education is a given.

I’m 24 and writing L2 in June 2010, and I feel like I am way behind because of this thread, haha. I’m glad I took a year and a half off after university before I started studying. I got all my clubbing and partying out of the way, and now I don’t mind spending 400-500 hours studying for an exam. I’d love to bang out the three exams in three years, but I’m just hoping to be a charterholder this side of 30.

artvan we have very similar backgrounds…though I am studying for GMAT now and may apply for matriculation next fall (though I will be turning 24 around that time).

Good luck to you! We’re either very smart and ambitious, or morons.