BA II Battery

Hi guys, I am wondering how long the BA II battery lasts for. I bought it 3 years ago and have not changed battery since. Should I change the battery or just keep it?

You can carry extra battery with you in the exam…

i changed it just to be sure!

Just keep it. Before the battery gets empty, the numbers on the display slowly start to fade, but then you still have about 10 hours of battery life left.

and it wouldn’t exactly be the best time for the display to… slowly… start… to… fade… on exam time!

Why fiddle about in the exam with changing batteries…make it a yearly thing to change batteries the week or day before the exam (like a fire alarm battery replacement). I believe my post is the most risk reducing approach in the thread. W

Oki…where did you guys buy the battery for the BA II!! I was looking to replace it…but didn’t get much info online!! Anyone know where to buy it in NYC!!

I think I have seen in frys… How many do you feel that BA II plus professional keys are hard to press and that makes you slow as well while exam? Does anyone know if I can carry BA II and professional both in the exam?

Where is FRYS? You can carry both the calcs btw!

it is available even in your local cvs store. std 2032 battery.

thanks a lot bud!!

ishfaque Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where is FRYS? You can carry both the calcs btw! I wonder how you guys live without FRYS…

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think I have seen in frys… > > How many do you feel that BA II plus professional > keys are hard to press and that makes you slow as > well while exam? > > Does anyone know if I can carry BA II and > professional both in the exam? I certainly that so, that the professional version keys are too hard to press. Not a problem at work but yes, will be when you are struggling for time. I bought the professional one but didn’t even bring in to the exams. Brought 2 normal BA II plus for the exams.

ishfaque Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oki…where did you guys buy the battery for the > BA II!! > I was looking to replace it…but didn’t get much > info online!! Anyone know where to buy it in NYC!! It is made in china, so i guess you can easily find batteries as well over there… ok…ok…I’m going out, …

ishfaque Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Where is FRYS? You can carry both the calcs btw! Does anyone else agree with Ishfaque that I can carry both BAII professional and BA II in the exam?

merv Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sgupta0827 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think I have seen in frys… > > > > How many do you feel that BA II plus > professional > > keys are hard to press and that makes you slow > as > > well while exam? > > > > Does anyone know if I can carry BA II and > > professional both in the exam? > > I certainly that so, that the professional version > keys are too hard to press. Not a problem at work > but yes, will be when you are struggling for time. > I bought the professional one but didn’t even > bring in to the exams. Brought 2 normal BA II plus > for the exams. The more you use the professional, the softer the keys become

I don’t know how “more” is this more and how much training my calculator would need to become softer. So far, I have not been noticing any signs of keys becoming softer and I don’t know if I will be able to get those any softer before exam. I would still stick to my plan of carrying both plus and professional if that is allowed. However, I am not sure if plus is any softer although it looks soft from the appearance.

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know how “more” is this more and how much > training my calculator would need to become > softer. So far, I have not been noticing any signs > of keys becoming softer and I don’t know if I will > be able to get those any softer before exam. I > would still stick to my plan of carrying both plus > and professional if that is allowed. However, I am > not sure if plus is any softer although it looks > soft from the appearance. which one are you using everyday ? I have the BA II plus professionak, and I have no issue with the keys. I feel like at the beginning i found them a little hard, but now, after using it almost everyday for months, I have no complain. and I really like the shape, the color, the design compare to the other one…hehehe, yes i’m a girl, on top of the performance, i’m also concerned with the look…

Well I wouldn’t even say that I am months into preparation, hardly been studying seriously for weeks. Moreover, I am not a calculator type of a person, feels real lazy to use calculator, still counts on fingers and writes in the air while calculating. I have rarely used any calculator in any of my previous exams. However, this exam is different, as I know I can’t compete in this unless I have good calculator skills, so trying to keep my neck above the water. I don’t know if it has to do with me being a guy for not liking the rocky structure, somehow I hate it to the core, and would have loved if it had spongy/rubbery kind of keys.

u can take any number of calcs . last year a guy brought with him 5 can you beat that 5 calcs