Band 10 and scored >70% Ethics and they Failed me

OP - I’d retab it. That is just too damn close. Just for peace of mind if nothing else.

I go the same score like you. <50% in the Individuals. I really do not like this part which I personally think is not that useful. If I want to do financial planning, I would not register for CFA.

as long as the computer reading is correct, retab doesn’t change your results

N.VanCandidate, drs and band10x2…we’re all in the same boat, looks like we would have passed any other year in history except this one. I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve already signed up for LIII exam again…though I am dreading having to do it…It doesn’t matter what I think but the 7-10 questions that I had to make an “educated guess” on obviously did not go my way. I will go to my grave believing that I should have passed. I’ve always done well on standardized tests, I have a CPA licenses, I am in the industry and put in the required time. I’ve failed LII and LIII in prior years knowing that I didn’t deserve to pass because I did not put in the time. This year was different. I apologize to anyone reading this if it sounds like sour grapes, but this is the only place I think people would understand.

Any of you guys around this year? Different screen names perhaps?

This thread is depressing, motivating and scary.

anyone expecting mean reversion? last year’s pass rate for L3 was very low, if I remember correctly. I failed at band 9 last year, so hoping that all my work since December pays off.

omg x 100 fml

those fkers asked so many questions on 2 bond hedge - need to add in my to do list

yeah, but honestly, what is the probability of them nailing the same portion again?

Not likely but it only takes a couple of minutes to figure out. See my post on it, if they ask for a calc it should be an easy couple of points. FI is a minimum of 10% of the exam so its a section you’ll definitely want to do well in.

they have asked credit counterparty thing in 2007 and 2008 back to back so you never know. I am sure probability is like 5% for WACC and 2 bond hedge but if I have time, I 'll do it for sure.

albertmars Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe I should ask for retab my results look worse > than yours … > > Spend a weekend on FI and you’ll nail it next > year. > > Level 3: Pass > > The table below illustrates your subject matter > strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on > the right are marked with asterisks to indicate > your performance on each question or topic area. > looking at this one does give me some hope though… i mean really that looks like a pretty poor performance, yet it is a passing score… i guess we just have to wait and see. > Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% > 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 26 - * - > 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 * - - > 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 24 - * - > > 4 Portfolio Management - Institutional 11 - - * > > 5 Economics 19 - - * > 6 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 10 - - > * > 7 Equity Investments 17 - - * > 8 Alternative Investments 15 - - * > 9 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 * - > - > 10 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 15 - > - * > 11 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 18 * > - - > > > Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% > - Derivatives 18 * - - > - Economics 18 - * - > - Equity Investments 36 - - * > - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - > - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - > - Portfolio Management 18 - - * > - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - *

2 bond hedge LOS is no more this year. The LOS only says (per CFAI): “compare and contrast duration based approaches with interest rate sensitivity approaches to hedging mortgage securities” Not the same as 2009. There was another LOS in 2009 LOS e which is gone this year.

Wow, talk about motivation

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, inbead. There may not be an exact LOS on it anymore but they still go to a lot of trouble to explain what a 2 bond hedge is and it’s definitely not marked as an “optional” segment. If its in the material, its fair game.

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wouldn’t be so sure about that, inbead. There > may not be an exact LOS on it anymore but they > still go to a lot of trouble to explain what a 2 > bond hedge is and it’s definitely not marked as an > “optional” segment. If its in the material, its > fair game. Yeah, i don’t put too much stock in the “command words” I think know how to do it is the safe bet… so I learned it.

Dear lord, I’m having flash backs…FI violated me last year in such a fashion that I repressed the memories. That is, until now.

sponge…what was so hard about fixed income last year? they ask stuff that no one would bother study? or was it just difficult calculations?

I just don’t think anyone anticipated that intensive of an FI section.