BAND 10 FAIL IS AGONY

I couldn’t feel any worse than I do right now…second attempt and came up short…I don’t think I can do this again

Welcome on the band 10 boat… I would be curious to know your score on ethics???

tem Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 36 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 * - - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 18 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

Groan… Give it another go mate!

Band 10 is a pain…damn…all the best next time though!

Bro… believeme, it’s worst being a band 10 + unemployed in an emerging market where you have to explain in every single interview what is the CFA and why you didn’t pass it anyway, and even worst when you have to listen an idiot from HR explaining you why they don’t hire people with no MBA. It makes you think that CFA does not worth it here in Colombia… it makes you feel that you took the wrong path. But this morning I woke up with a better mood after remembering a quote of Michael Jordan:

“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

2012: Band 4

2013: Band 10

2014: An easy exam :slight_smile:

Nice quote

Great MJ quote.

Same here with Band 10. Second attempt.

>70%: Ethics, Equity, Econ, Derivatives, Corp Fin.

50-70%: FRA, Quantitative, PM

<50%: FI, AI

Wondering why ethics couldnt help me out. Perhaps I m not at borderline.

OP it looks like derivatives and possibly a low score on equity did you in. A shame! I think you should continue you are so close. :slight_smile:

Give it 1 more shot

_ Life is akin to a boxing ring, defeat is not declared when you fall down, but when you refuse to get up !! _

That’s the right attitude! Keep at it! My personal history with level 2:

2010: Band 5

2011: Band 10

2012: Pass

Hey Traveller, did you take level 3 this year?

Thats amazing!

So, based on that logic, the next time someone commits murder and gets put on trial, he should say, “I didn’t kill him, he just refused to stay alive.”

Kkc25 - that sucks, would think you passed and equity would take you over. You may have gotten the lower end of the range in FRA

Rafael - where are you from? Been to Medellin a couple of times and going back this year.

If I’m not wrong there is also band 11 and 12? A close friend of mine once told me that he failed with a band 12, this was when I just started the level I exam so had no idea the number of bands.

Just believe in yourself; if you really want it, you can do it.

Bands for non-passing scores go from one to ten.

Yes, I did. Now awaiting the results. I feel sort of confident, so I’m not too worried this time. Did you also take the exam in June in Zurich?