BAND 10 FAIL IS AGONY

You are wrong. There is no such thing as a band 11 or 12. People use band 11 to describe the fact that they barely passed but CFAI official bands are from 1 to 10. Each band represents a range of 10% with a 10 meaning you are in the top 10 of candidates that failed. Hence there are only 10 bands.

correct

Yeah, I was there in June as well, but only for level 2. Let me know if you don’t make it after all, then we could have a little study group for 2014, haha. Nah, you’ll be fine…

Yes it is Agony! I also failed Band 10 in 2011 (after passing level 1 in December 2010). Retook the exam the second time in 2012, but did not do well as I was really busy with work the few months before the exam and could not study. I failed (as expected) band 4. The idea of looking at the level 2 books for the third year in a row made me so sick that i decided to stop and take a break in 2013. Now i am considering whether to take the exam again in June 2014. I quite like to study, but a full time demanding job with lots of travel makes it difficult…

It looks like FRA did you in, since that is a large % of exam. Just focus on that next time around and I think you should be fine

L2 takes effort and more than that discipline. Just begin a little earlier and stick to your schedule…That should make you cross the line…

This is the first time I have ever seen a Band 10 with >70% in Ethics.

I’m very surprised this score is a fail. you must have been on the low end of those bands

Bogotá. When are you coming back?

If i may suggest something, you should really work on derivatives, equity and fixed income. not only they are big topics in L2, but they are also big in L3, so if you are going to retake it, you have to spend more time on these 3 topics.

Best of luck!

Band 10 means just a little more effort…So guys do not give up. Just focus more.

Bloomingappletrees & all other band 10 players,

We have a very similar story - it would be good to set up a small group with those who have taken the exam multiple times and got band 10 along the way - the reason being that we are all in a very small but similar boat and therefore could help eachother out.

If you are intrested please post your email below and i will add you to the group.

Thanks

You’re kidding right? you’re a L3 candidate and still don’t know what the bands stand for?

:- O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kfx80H3N1g

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I passed L2 and got a job since January! Everything is going at cruise speed this time!

I got band 10, with over 70% in ethics, makes me think my 50 to 70 scores were closer on the 50 end. I’d rather of gotten a 2 band then to be this close.

I was in the same boat as you last year. In 2012, I failed Level II with Band 7. Last year, I failed with Band 10. I was so angry after I got the results, remembering the question or two that could’ve put me over the top, and I resolved to take it one last time.

And I’m happy to report, I passed on the third try.

You’re at Band 10. You know the material. Put in the time for one more year…

Here’s my Band 9 fail profile

Alternative Investments *–

Corporate Finance --*

Derivatives --*

Economics *–

Equity Investments --*

Ethics --*

FRA -*-

FI *–

PM *–

QM -*-

It kills me because this is almost exactly as I predicted I might be, except I was hoping to fall above 70 in FRA or QM. It sucks because it feels so close.

I’ve rarely met anyone who wasn’t 70%+ on FRA that passed, that is what killed you.

As for OP, you’re Equity section killed you - I’m sorry. But I’m also pretty surprised that compared to the other person that posted here that you were even close. You need to bring up your scores in nearly everything bro - good luck