BAND 10 FAIL IS AGONY

I saw your matrix and I guess you have at least answered 75 question correctly. Yes, I based on the <= 50%, 51-70% and >70% and rounded the questions to Right/Wrong to speculate how many correct ansers one get right. It game me an impression that the MPS is about 80 or higher. Your matrix is probably the best among band 10. It looks much batter than a pass by fordperfect whose mximum right answer based on the same logic is about 85. So the overlapping range of 10 questions divided you two. In the CFA exams, luck does play a role for people riding on the MPS threshold. I am sure you will make it next year.

That was not much worse than mine but I passed. You must have been very close.

The worst think with band 10 is that next attempt is after 1 year (or 10 months) – enough time to forget a bigger part from the exam. It’s really painful…

I’m in the same boat as you this year:

2013: Band 5

2014: Band 10

2015: Comon! let’s smash it and never have to look at L2 books again!

Ethics Adjustment at its finest:

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - * - - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 18 - * - - Portfolio Management 36 - * - - Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

I am really surprised to see you failed with such a score. here my score,

<=50% : FI PM

51%-70% : EI Ethical FRA Quant

>70%: AI CF Deriv Eco

You must be closer to lower ends. My suggestion is that you put more focus on FRA,CF and Deriv which have higher points compared to other parts.

Give it another go and you will ace it.

cool

First time L2 taker and failed (band 10). Also, last time L2 taker.

After reviewing my results and comparing to those that passed I’m discouraged since it seems as though I performed just as well…the opportunity cost to continue to play CFAI’s game is too high. They’ve lost an advocate.

>70

CorpFin

Equity

FRA

Fixed Income

51-70

Derivatives

Ethics

Quant

Port Mgmt

<50

Alts

Econ

First time L2 taker and failed (band 10). Also, last time L2 taker.

After reviewing my results and comparing to those that passed I’m discouraged since it seems as though I performed just as well…the opportunity cost to continue to play CFAI’s game is too high. They’ve lost an advocate.

>70

CorpFin

Equity

FRA

Fixed Income

51-70

Derivatives

Ethics

Quant

Port Mgmt

<50

Alts

Econ

you’ll probably change your mind after a week hope you have the courage to kill it next time :slight_smile:

Q#

Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70%

• Alternative Investments 18 * - -

• Corporate Finance 36 * - -

• Derivatives 36 - * -

• Economics 18 - - *

• Equity Investments 72 - - *

• Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - *

• Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - *

• Fixed Income Investments 18 - - *

• Portfolio Management 36 * - -

• Quantitative Methods 18 - *

I got A in Equities, FRA & Ethics, still failed. I guessed I must fail miserably at PM & CF

I got 10 bands in first attempt . it’s really frustrating …is it advisable to try for re tabulation. ?

As a band 10 as well, I looked into this, and it doesn’t seem like it goes in your favor ever, and is a waste of $100.

I actually know someone who went from a fail to a pass via retabulation (on Level 1). But that person scored consistently above 90% on mocks and on the real exam failed miserably and suspected something was wrong.

It’ll be a waste of your $100. But spend it anyway for peace of mind. I’ve retabbed 2x in the past obviously no change.

It’ll be a waste of your $100. But spend it anyway for peace of mind. I’ve retabbed 2x in the past obviously no change.

it’s a waste of money but do it anyway for peace of mind. It’s only advisable if you are some finance genius and you got a band 1. I heard of a case in Hong Kong where a top class MBA guy got band 2 and they found out that they mixed up his paper with someone elses…dunno how true that is.

it’s a waste of money but do it anyway for peace of mind. It’s only advisable if you are some finance genius and you got a band 1. I heard of a case in Hong Kong where a top class MBA guy got band 2 and they found out that they mixed up his paper with someone elses…dunno how true that is.

probably two guys with the same name lol like JAMES CHEN, or WILLIAM HUNG, or DAVID LI

Band 10 here. Thinking about a retabulation ($100)? any thoughts?

Alternative Investments18*-- Corporate Finance36-*- Derivatives36-*- Economics18-*- Equity Investments72–* Ethical & Professional Standards36–* Financial Reporting & Analysis72–* Fixed Income Investments18*-- Portfolio Management36-*- Quantitative Methods18*–