BAND 10 FAIL IS AGONY

I know it’s a waste of $100. But in your case I do think it make sense to try the 1% chance. Your band 10 is absurd given how the matrix look. You got right answer in the range of 75-97 and got >70% in ethics. Try it at the expense of $100.

p.s. Is it possible that candidate has to sign a confidential agreement on any change of the results? I would think not. Because that’s equivalent to admitting they could make mistake and does not want other know it even they are courageous enough to correct that.

I’m shccked and sorry you failed. I passed with what I would say is similar if not slighly lower scores

weight weight <50% 50-70% >70% Alternative Investments 18 5% 1 - - Corporate Finance 36 10% - - 1 Derivatives 36 10% - - 1 Economics 18 5% - 1 - Equity Investments 72 20% - 1 - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 10% - - 1 Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 20% - 1 - Fixed Income Investments 18 5% - - 1 Portfolio Management 36 10% - 1 - Quantitative Methods 18 5% - - 1 360 100%

If you brought any of you below 50s to 50-70, I think you might pass.

The bigger the struggle, the better the success. Achieving on third attempt feels great, the key here is to continue the learning and journey, failure is not failing in one of exam, but to quit after failing. Start early for L2 by revising what you know really well, then makes notes in topics u dont think have strong hold, this exam is also about handling uncertainty.

2012-Band 8

2013-Band-10

2014-Pass (Even after making blunders in PM & CF)

Can some one please explain this to me…

Band 9 :frowning:

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 18 - - * - Portfolio Management 36 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

You got <70 on both FRA and Equities which probably killed it for you.

I feel your pain people. I am still not sure how I failed; hard to say with no actual score:

<50: PM, Alts

50-70: Equity, Econ, Ethics, Quant

>70: FRA, FI, Derivs, Corp Fin.

Why didnt I just get an ethics adjustment waaahhh…This is my second time…thought I had smashed it out of the ground …Back to the drawing board i guess :(…

Ethics adjustment would only happen if you’re 1 maybe 2 questions from the MPS with a high ethics score. From your matrix you could have been a good 8-10 questions away. Sorry man, I feel for you. Kill it next year!

I feel like i was less than 3 quesitons from positng here…I failed level 1 band 8 last june. passed level 1 in December.

>70% Alts, EQ, Ethics, FRA, PM

51% - 70% Derivatives,

<=50% Corporate Finance, Econ, FI, Quant.

Passed.

I feel like you need to nail Ethics, EQ, FRA to even be close to passing.

2013: Failed Band level 6

2014: Passed with most subjects over 70%

In equity and FRA you got in the middle, thats definitly the bulk of the test and not good. If you hadnt failed any of the topics, you wouldve passed

How is this relevant to the thread topic?

manit19877@gmail.com

manit19877@gmail.com

Yes . Very true it’s waste of money but just wish to gamble with my luck for the peace of my mind .

work on yr weak areas.

@Phallacy: Thanks man!! I hope to :)!!

@darthplow: never thought of it that way…kept looking at it per subject instead of the whole test… makes sense!

It’s agony. It’s only 2-3 question short. But one has to wait anohter full year and to spend $600+ bucks and at least a few more hundreds of hours to go thoguh it again without any gurantee to make it next time. One may have aced a few topics this time but nect time they may show up in the lower 50% section. It really sucks.