Band 2 anyone?

Not only was I surprised that I failed, but also that I came a band 2! Absolutely did not see this coming. Now debating whether I should retake or not…this was the first time, but still I left the exam feeling that I nailed it, and I clearly remember after the exam as we reviewed the questions here on AF that I got most of them right!!! Gongrats to those that did the super job of passing and good luck next time to those that take it again.

Wow. I remember your name from the forum so you didn’t deserve to fail at all! Unfortunately you have, any idea what went wrong? Did your version on the bubblesheet and exam not match? They tell you to check but it’s such a small chance it doesn’t match that hardly anyone would really check. Has to be some weird thing since Band 2 is really low (no offense) and if I remember correctly I expected you to pass!

I’m band 1. So you’re leaps ahead of me. Sorry to hear that Dreary.

Did you guys screw with marking bubbles on the answer sheet ? Band 2 for Dreary and Band 1 for ditch looks impossible to me.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m band 1. So you’re leaps ahead of me. > > Sorry to hear that Dreary. hey qj and dreary …really sorry to hear bout thwe results …try to take a couple of weeks off … let frenz and fam conmfort u n then conquer this beast in 2010 …

Get your test remarked. Both of you. That doesn’t make sense.

Sorry, guys. That definitely doesn’t sound right – you both knew that stuff as well as most of us.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m band 1. So you’re leaps ahead of me. > > Sorry to hear that Dreary. sorry to hear that quant. I’ll be with you retaking this damn thing.

Quant -> The Lunch Crunch saved my Arse.

Ya, you should totally get them rechecked… You guys were answering my questions, not the other way around. This doesn’t add up. :frowning:

Lunch Crunch next year should be CFAI questions. Quant, Sorry to hear about that buddy. Sounds like it may be something wrong with your exam. Looks like you me and Sub will be running one more lap around Level 2. On a side note, there are 3 other CFAs that work in my immediate area. NONE of them passed Level 2 on first try. Today is by far the worst day, but whats done is done. I failed too guys. I regret not having gone over more CFAI questions and will never make this mistake again.

Not a band 2, but a fail is a fail. Level 2: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 72 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 * - - - Portfolio Management 18 * - - - Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

Even I was surprised to get a band 2… That was wayyyyyyyyy worse than last year while I did better than last year… I was totally shocked… Am thinking to get them re-tabulated, though i dont know what difference it is going to make, though 100 $ is big for me in terms of INR. in fact, am not too sure if I should to continue with this !!! @ Dreary, quant: are u guys getting the scores retabulated?

Skip, Sub, quant, dreary, the show NY If i decide to retake L2, i’ll definitely look you guys up. Anyone else I am missing, who put in the work to get disappointed only by the results? Also dreary, your words are encouraging but a fail is a fail. No one wants to know why I failed - it pretty obvious - i didn’t study or didn’t prepare. But I am glad for one thing, I got what I was expecting - a fail with band 6/7. Had I got 10, i’d really be more upset for being lucky but not lucky enough, and had I got 1/2 i’d be broken. I think 2 more wks of preparation could have made a difference. But now I need to pay for that 2 wks in terms of 2-3 months next time around. UGH!

I got band 4 and thought that was really low the way my practice tests were going…the way I figured it I answered ~70 questions correctly, not all that close to passing but not all that far either. I’m thinking with the low pass rate, the upper bands were very very tight. Like Band 10 was 1 question short, Band 9 2 questions, Band 8 - 3 questions, Band 7 4-5 Band 6 6-7, Band 5 - 8-10 Band 4 11-13 and so on. Would that make sense? (I can’t get on the site right now, maybe its down)

shocked to see some of the Band’s on here. I was a Band 9 and felt like I knew half of what some of you did. Either way a fail is a fail. All we can do is getting pissed, regroup and own this thing next year. I’m feeling pretty terrible since 2 other guys (although one was his 3rd try) passed that work in the same group as myself.

Fine I will admit it. I got Band 2 as well. Granted I kinda expected to fail, but not that bad. I mean I did stop studying for March - April. Well I got over 70 on Econ, which seems to have crushed most people so there is a plus.

I failed too - band 9. Econ, Ethics, AI, Quant <50% Equity, FI, Port -> 51-70 FSA, Corp Fin, Derivs - > 70% Looks like low scores in too many areas + not doing as well in Equity and FI did me in. Will definitely be joining you guys next time around. Maybe we should start woking on topics earlier. Most of the past year - I found on the forum a lot of goofing off, not as many questions and not as much discussion leading to clarity…

cpk123 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! you break my heart.

What???