Band 2 anyone?

Quant less than 50? You are kidding, right?

CPK123… I am so sorry to hear that. If there was a person I thought who was best prepared for the exam it was you. I learned a lot from your postings. I wish you well…do not let this experience hold you back. Best

Nope I am not. I was truly surprised to see that as well. I know I had gotten the question on the r calculation wrong, I selected the +ve square root - but did not think I had done so bad. I am ashamed…

cpk would you blame anxiety or a bad exam taking day i can not fathom how you can fail. the thing is that even with 4 subject areas less than 50 you still got band 9. you must have been very close to 50 in all of them it seems like.

I am truly surprised - if anyone was intelligent enough, it was cpk. Remember, it’s just an exam. If I am going to count on anyone to analyze accounting data anything in any quantitative scale in real life investment situations, I know who I would count on. That’s what counts.

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I failed too - band 9. > > Econ, Ethics, AI, Quant <50% > Equity, FI, Port -> 51-70 > FSA, Corp Fin, Derivs - > 70% > > Looks like low scores in too many areas + not > doing as well in Equity and FI did me in. > > Will definitely be joining you guys next time > around. > Maybe we should start woking on topics earlier. > Most of the past year - I found on the forum a lot > of goofing off, not as many questions and not as > much discussion leading to clarity… WHAT??? How!!! Ditch, Dreary=, and… CPK!!! Dude, CPK you were like the god of the L2 forum. Something just doesn’t smell right here. I got Band 4. (From memory): I crushed CFin., Alt. Inv., Middle of the road in Econ, FSA, Equity (, Deriv., below 50: Ethics, Quant, FI, PM. I was suprised to see below 50 for ethics and FI. Quant and PM, whatever… FSA, the synthesis section did me in. For Equity, I was kinda suprised as I thought I did very well on this section.

Unbelievable. That was one jacked up test.

My condolences CPK. And I’ll say it, the fxcking 3 answer choice change made this exam a game of chance. That is the only way someone like CPK could fail. I imagine the MPS teetering 70, so some lucky bstards just slid by by luck rather than skill. I participated on this forum alot, but I posted far more questions than answers. Having been employed temporarily in tax, I was derailed with studying until 4/15. For 6 weeks I crammed and crammed, but there was too much to cover in too short of time. It is simply an exam, had I passed, nothing would have changed in my life other than me being a L3 candidate. I’m afraid to ask, but did Philip.Platt pass?

These results are bass aackwards. You guys truly kept me motivated, providing answers and help along the way and I thank you for that. I’m really sorry that things turned out how they did. :frowning: This makes no sense!

Now if map1 fails, CFA exam is a joke.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Now if map1 fails, CFA exam is a joke. Map1 emailed me the bad news this morning. She failed likewise!

You’re joking man! I really don’t get it… These are the folks you’d think would have this exam in the bag easy! Damn …

I wish I was. Her email was frantic and she said she was damn near in tears. She was banking on L2 to help her with employment as she is seeking a good job. All she seems to get are crappy insurance/security sales position inquiries.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dreary Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Now if map1 fails, CFA exam is a joke. > > > Map1 emailed me the bad news this morning. She > failed likewise! …

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m afraid to ask, but did Philip.Platt pass? He shared us the news and it’s not so good.

Dreary I feel like I’m in the same boat as you… Wasn’t as low a band but it just doesn’t really make sense. I added up the “consensus” answers after the exam and even with really poor guessing feels like I should have been higher than where I ended up. Had a lot going on with work so I didn’t get to study as much as I would have liked (especially in hindsight) but I felt pretty good coming out of it. Actually felt like I knew the material… caught the tricks etc… who knows… from what it sounds like though its probably not worth the retab but it just feels weird based on the answers that I knew I had right.

Guys, I am in the exact same situation and have not been able to concentrate that well all day. I failed it for the second time and I was confident going in the test and fairly confident that I did well coming out of it, especially in the morning session. I got a band 4 this year and a band 7 last year even though I knew the material far better. I am almost thinking of getting a re-tabulation as well or maybe it’s just the denial coming around. It shocked the hell out of me that my score was that low, I was thinking a band 9 or 10 at the very worst. I was here back in the forum when NVanCandidate and Smarshy still were still here. Personally, after taking short break studying for the GMAT here I am going to concentrate on the end of chapter problems and start the difficult topics earlier. In the grand scheme of things, ten more months until 2010 is really not that long and probably won’t make that much of a difference in the long run.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Now if map1 fails, CFA exam is a joke. I did.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wish I was. Her email was frantic and she said > she was damn near in tears. She was banking on L2 > to help her with employment as she is seeking a > good job. All she seems to get are crappy > insurance/security sales position inquiries. Perhaps I can help. My company is looking to hire some research analyst (BB firm).

philip.platt and map1 what are your bands? i am more in shock with your results than mine. cpk, dreary, cfablackbelt so far have been the shocking.