banni is doing the MSWs on here this weekend

Eleven: present. At it since 6:30 a.m. with a just completed breakfast break. Off to the library so no posts here, but here in spirit.

been at it since 10:00am this morning…with a few breaks of me videotaping my dog scheming (stealing water bottles and making his bed his b*tch).

low productivity today. Just finished 3 SS reading from secret sauce and now going to start a test.

I wish I were more productive too. As I review some of this stuff I feel like I’m more ignorant than when I first went over it.

Spent all day doing reading 14 in CFAI - managing individual investors. Now I remember why i’ve avoided doing the readings in cfai until now. Plus, the whole reading revolves around setting up an IPS for a family with about $55mm in assets. That’s not even hard. It seems like the difficult IPS would be the working mother with $15k in the bank, $20k in credit card debt, and a $50k retirement account, trying to put two kids through college. Now that’s actually a worthy challenge… naked options all the way!!!

only 6 hours today, but my head still hurts. aiming for 8+ tomorrow

Reporting for duty… Put in the time, but lacked productivity yesterday. 1st Schweser practice exam coming up in a few minutes, I feel like I am going to take it on the chin.

Chi Paul Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Reporting for duty… > > Put in the time, but lacked productivity > yesterday. > > 1st Schweser practice exam coming up in a few > minutes, I feel like I am going to take it on the > chin. I think my score last weekend was 35% or so, I’m sure you can do better than me! Good luck!

Hitting SS14 today. Did the CFAI in order and now am working backwards with Scheser notes & online videos (getting sick of seeing Greg for 3 hours online everyday). I’d like to finish the backwards review by 4/30, but I’d say it is more realistic that it will be 5/7. Like goes to eleven will take practice exams 5/8, 15, 22, & 29.

I am back today. Couldn’t finish stuff which I wanted to yesterday so will do today. Secret sauce and problems again for me today

i haven’t had a great day so far, but about to clock in for some hours. reading 32 EOC q’s now. FI sort of rocked my socks off yesterday in the CFA book. not in a good way. i am starting to get a not so great feeling about where i’m at and where i need to be at for this thing. oh well. keep plugging away. at worst, i’ll learn some this year, get humbled on 6/5, and help my L2 homies that pass this year next year. but enough negativity. let’s do equity.

FI is the SS that comes out of no where…it destroyed me in last year’s exam.

With FI there seems to be a ton of stuff deep down in the weeds in the CFA curriculum. Taking a crap ton of time to get through again and don’t really know how to prepare for FI other than going through all CFA examples and EOC Q’s.

on the item set EOC’s i was rocking a lot of 3 for 6’ers. woof. i looked over that 2 bond hedge problem and it made my head spin. not hard, but so many steps. i just finished the ss9-12 book EOC’s (thank you corp governance and the other last 2 readings for no EOC’s). rest of day I think i might qbank ss9-13 to lay some more foundation. this level really is hard in a whole new way. i have NOT put in ample time up to this point, things aren’t clicking together yet all that well. on the bright side, i took tomorrow off and have reservations for oysters/champagne brunch w/ 7 good friends at 9am, red sox tix, and then will do my usual boyston st for some debauchery afterwards marathon monday. this i think might be one of my last “fun” days before this test. i’m going to try to keep pushing today knowing that i have one of the more entertaining days of the year ahead of me. GO SOX!

Started GIPS right now, hopefully will be 1/4 to half way done by today. Hopefully beginning next week i’m going to start doing practice problems.

Talking about EOC problems-It takes me a long tome to do them. If they are really lengthy, takes me longer. Anybody else finding the same or I am the only one ?

Difficulty of questions: EOC>exam>Schweser

Bannis. Good for you. Having some fun should take your mind of the test and you’ll be able to come back refreshed. Sounds like a wild one. I’m in the same boat. It’s not all clicking yet. I’m hoping it does soon. Definitely a different monster having to tie in so many SS’s together to get the complete picture. I’ve put in a lot of time but I don’t think it’s good time just yet. Everything seems to take 2x as much time as what I want. The EOC’s especially. I should probably start timing myself on those. Sponge I’m hoping you’re right with this years exam.

Not a bad weekend, all things considered. Finished GIPS and now have started EOC questions. Got through individual IPS, taxes and estate planning. The next set of EOC is institutional IPS. A few chapters don’t have EOC questions, which is a bit of a bummer, but I move on. Thanks for the inspiration guys. Next weekend is the 3 day Schweser seminar. Fun, Fun Fun til your daddy takes your t-bird away. I hope to have EOC question done for SS 6-8 before next weekend. Go Kings.