banni is doing the MSWs on here this weekend

count me in. i’m shooting for 6-8 hours each day this weekend. i took schweez’s first practice exam and it was ugly - definitely learnable/passable, but ugly. i did a quick search, but does anyone know if there’s any cfai policy against cursing on the morning portion of the exam? like saying that a time horizon is “20 f’ing years”

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > i did a quick search, but does anyone know if > there’s any cfai policy against cursing on the > morning portion of the exam? like saying that a > time horizon is “20 f’ing years” We should be allowed to answer the questions in modern english. Something like… Return Ojective: Man, this dude is fvcking loaded! How the fvck does anybody get to have a fvcking $5 million portolio at age 35? His long term return objective is to shoot the fvcking lights out man!

Hmm. I preferred LI and LII since I took it in December/June. The break between LII and LIII is way too long… I forgot how to study! Opened the books yesterday for the first time. So I am way behind everyone else. Not even close to making practice exams. Anyway, looks like I’ll have to do a small marathon this weekend as well. At least I intend to but all these last months I had other things to do which are, truth be told, helluva lot more fun! Summary: Just started again after a long long break from CFA (June 6th 09) so I will visit you guys more often again, I have to so I can suck out all your knowledge to increase my chances of passing. :slight_smile:

Man I am in for sure. I’ll do 6hrs on Sat and 4hrs on Sunday. And 2hrs friday night. How in this world can you do 22hrs in one weekend?

hey niraj_a, I’m taking it in NYC - Long Island branch. How you been?

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man, this dude is fvcking loaded! How the fvck > does anybody get to have a fvcking $5 million > portolio at age 35? His long term return objective > is to shoot the fvcking lights out man! unless otherwise specified, anyone under 40 has a strict liquidity requirement forcing them to have enough cash on hand to make it rain at the club. daaaayum!!!

chedges Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > How in this world can you do 22hrs in one weekend? It’ll definitely be difficult. I’d much rather be outside, hanging out, and boozing. It’s a combination of: 1) Discipline 2) Functional, Healthy, 20 minutes meals. 3) Energy Drinks 4) Pure fear of failing since all Charterholders I know tell me that L3 is way tougher than “they expected”. I’ve had it with this CFA sh!t…time to bust my balls and get it over with, never to deal with it again.

dspapo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > count me in. i’m shooting for 6-8 hours each day > this weekend. > > i took schweez’s first practice exam and it was > ugly - definitely learnable/passable, but ugly. > > > i did a quick search, but does anyone know if > there’s any cfai policy against cursing on the > morning portion of the exam? like saying that a > time horizon is “20 f’ing years” ROFL!

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hey niraj_a, > > I’m taking it in NYC - Long Island branch. How you > been? shucks, that’s a ways out lol. been well mp, hangin around. where can i email you?

Its great to see all the names from last year stepping up. Hope all of you have been doing well! I’m down for the marathon. Let’s do this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLQl7UJOYUs

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mp2438 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > hey niraj_a, > > > > I’m taking it in NYC - Long Island branch. How > you > > been? > > shucks, that’s a ways out lol. been well mp, > hangin around. where can i email you? i’m at mp2438 at gmail.

You da man! Phil. Thanks much! Time to get real serious. For me, I haven’t finished my readings yet. Trying to finish book 5 by this Friday. I’m planning to study for at least 8 hours a day at nyu library in this MSW. Best luck all! Go Bears!

lets do this up. it’s friday I just chugged down a redbull and plan on plugging out 3-4hrs of studying today. 5-7hrs tomorrow and another 5-7 on sunday.

Taking evening off before I start marathon sessions for next 2 days. Secret sauce and Volume 1 here I come…

early AM roll call- IN! this weekend- get through EOC’s on the book ss9-12 CFAI. did reading 28 last night and also some qbank on ss14. do some qbank to keep it all fresh. i am going backwards in books for EOC’s. did the ss16-18 and ss13-15 one so far. book a week goal, hence my practice testing starts may 8th weekend. going to take a quick shower to wake up, pour me some coffee, and it’s on. thank you mother nature for giving boston rain… less tempting to go outside. it’s all me and my pain cave here today at home.

It’s 11:04 pm in Australia and I’ve been going on and off since 9:30 am, 13.5 hours of which I’ve probably been actually studying for about 8 or so. Been through 2006 and 2007 past papers, failed them both miserably! FML

count me in. Secret sauce and problems all day today

i just woke up, so i’ll be starting in half an hour or so. starting the day off with equities, then institutions, then a cfai past exam. it’s looks beautiful outside, so it’s going to be tough to stay focused

Fixed income weekend over this way. Gonna be a fun one. 2 hour spurts. 1 hour off. Hopefully 6 hours today.

Biked into the office this morning - that should satisfy my outside desires for the day. Significant temp drop today in Chicago, that should help. Was going to do first practice exam this afternoon, but instead I think I am going to finish reviewing FI, then practice exam tomorrow.