Bar/nightclub scene pickups

Hopefully this becomes another epic thread. Its a battlefield out there bros. Impossible, always something stumbles me up. Plus its almost impossible to talk to anyone in these place because its so loud etc. I can understand maximum 50% of what the girls are saying to me. Really annoyed, last night, really really hot girl comes up to me out of nowhere, puts arm around my waste and starts talking to me. Had a good convo rolling for 5 to 10 mins, then her friend comes, steps in all bitchy busts us up, because I believe she wanted the girl to be with a guy friend of hers, who I saw her kissing later in the night (that coulda been me!) Night before (below average looking girl even), talk with her for like 1 hour, walk home with her as going same direction, nothing. Over it, how do I get my fire back for this crap?

Dude, I dunno. All I can say is girls’ friends are a f*cking nightmare in these situations. When I have been successful, being in really good shape has been a factor (not trying to be arrogant here, just my honest thoughts). The other key factor has been planting seeds inception style in their brain throughout the night. At some point long before you plan on leaving the bar, you gotta take the leap and make a relatively dirty humorous comment. If she doesn’t go for it, no hookup was in the cards, if she laughs and comes back with something to up the ante, things are good. From that point, continue your normal convo, but just occasionally work in increasingly suggestive dialogue. Still, the cockblocking friend is always gonna be an issue. The best way around it is to at some point familiarize yourself with her friends or best case scenario evacuate her from the bar quickly without her friends knowing. Also, sounds like your getting a lot of hits so, you must have the right stuff, just gotta keep playing the #'s

Thanks man. Yeh definitely getting the interest from a lot of ladies. Also, normally the girls arent so forward here, but had a few initiate with me which is always good. But need to start ‘taking the bull by the horns’ nyself so to speak I think, since they are only gonna give suggestive little hints and want me to pony up to them. A lot of these places here are like catwalks though, girls are just there to show off, so hard to get much out of it. Maybe worth going for numbers and continuing later on, I always forget that though and try to get the score on the initial meeting instead.

When I said play the #'s I didn’t mean phone#, I just meant it’s a percentage game

transferpricingCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Really annoyed, last night, really really hot girl > comes up to me out of nowhere, puts arm around my > waste and starts talking to me. Had a good convo > rolling for 5 to 10 mins, then her friend comes, > steps in all bitchy busts us up Move her around the place/get some separation from her crew. Is there another bar on the second floor or downstairs, or in the back? Find a corner, use the dance floor, etc.

Women that hangout in clubs usually aren’t worth your time if you are the brainy type.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Women that hangout in clubs usually aren’t worth > your time if you are the brainy type. That’s what one of my buddies always says. I don’t think he’s ever bagged a chick from a bar… I think after a certain age intelligence/overall desirability and average # nights in the club has a distinctly negative correlation, but depending on area that can be mid-30’s before the correlation starts kicking in with any significance.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Women that hangout in clubs usually aren’t worth > your time if you are the brainy type. Lol.

I agree that you should be looking elsewhere if you want a real relationship. Bars/clubs are so overrated that could be a thread in itself. I don’t know you but it sounds like you are talking girls ears off and not sparking attraction. Talking to a girl for an hour straight at a bar is risky, it’s too easy to get bored, it’s not fun talking to one person the whole time, they just want to dance & have fun. I would shoot for 5-15 minutes, get her # and move on to something else. “it’s been nice talking with you but i gotta get back to my friends…” is a good getaway and should be the truth too. I’m not saying never to talk to a girl for an hour, because if she does she is probably pretty interested, but talking too much generally doesnt work. Actions speak louder than words. You also correctly admit that its so hard to hear you cant have a real conversation, making your 1-hour convo that much harder. When you walked her home how did that start? Did you both come with other friends? Did you sleep at her place, get a kiss, anything? Most girls probably wouldn’t let you walk her home if they werent interested at all… also the bitchy friend thing is clearly annoying but if hot girl really liked you its still salvagable. Maybe you be really nice to ugly friend. Maybe you hook her up with one of your friends if you have any there. Maybe you pretend like you dont care, go hook up with some other hot girl, and watch hot girl #1 get all jealous and then run back to you.

“sarging” is a lifestyle

You guys are awesome. And I am getting old. Maybe not epic thread, but entertaining as hell.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Women that hangout in clubs usually aren’t worth > your time if you are the brainy type. This is dependent on the country and city where said club is located, in my opinion. Also depends on the type of club. For instance, The Yale Club in NYC has some pretty brainy individuals partying up. Seriously though, there are different types of club-goers depending on the location and social scene structure.

AndrewUNH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree that you should be looking elsewhere if > you want a real relationship. Bars/clubs are so > overrated that could be a thread in itself. Agreed, although my highest %'s in the bar scene have traditionally been lounge bars. > I don’t know you but it sounds like you are > talking girls ears off and not sparking > attraction. Talking to a girl for an hour straight > at a bar is risky, it’s too easy to get bored, > it’s not fun talking to one person the whole time, > they just want to dance & have fun. I would shoot > for 5-15 minutes, get her # and move on to > something else. “it’s been nice talking with you > but i gotta get back to my friends…” is a good > getaway and should be the truth too. Ok, let me frame what Andrew said with a quick disclaimer. There are no absolute rules, I’ve seen friends lock down long time relationships at bars where they just started talking and didn’t stop for hours straight. But that is rare. As a general rule of thumb, I’m with Andrew here, except instead of moving on within 10-15 minutes with a #, I have various strategies I like to employ. I’ve never been a fan of exchanging #'s myself, too many times girls chicken out later, they don’t trust their drunk judgement or it gets awkward. One strategy I like to employ is to start ordering tequilla shots as soon as the conversation sparks mutual interest. I don’t know what it is, but for some reason just the mention of tequilla shots puts girls in party mode the way no other shot does. Reminds them of spring break, who knows. The other strategy is to move it on the dance floor ASAP, if the bar doesn’t have a dance floor, move to a bar that does have one. In this case, rather than saying, hey, lets go to a bar and dance, phrase it as “We should go dancing, my friends are all headed over to ‘bar name’ it’s supposed to be awesome right now (make sure it’s awesome, letdown is never your friend), ask your friends if they want to come?” This is a bold gambit though, either she says yes and you’re in the money, or no in which case you’re not. But realistically, like Andrew said, within a few minutes you generally reach a point where you either need to insert a catalyst or take a # and move on.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ChickenTikka Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Women that hangout in clubs usually aren’t > worth > > your time if you are the brainy type. > > This is dependent on the country and city where > said club is located, in my opinion. Also depends > on the type of club. For instance, The Yale Club > in NYC has some pretty brainy individuals partying > up. > > Seriously though, there are different types of > club-goers depending on the location and social > scene structure. When people say club in this circumstance they mean warehouse full of loud music/booze/strobe lights/whatnot/drugs. They do not mean country clubs or other social clubs (tennis, yacht, school, etc). These are organizations. I hope my explaining this made you laugh and you weren’t serious.

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When people say club in this circumstance they > mean warehouse full of loud music/booze/strobe > lights/whatnot/drugs. They do not mean country > clubs or other social clubs (tennis, yacht, > school, etc). These are organizations. I hope my > explaining this made you laugh and you weren’t > serious. Wait, drugs? I’m in. Clubs are really different depending on the country. For example check out the below link. That is how every club in Sweden is. http://europeforvisitors.com/europe/countries/sweden/stockholm-ice-bar.htm

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lxwarr30 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > When people say club in this circumstance they > > mean warehouse full of loud music/booze/strobe > > lights/whatnot/drugs. They do not mean country > > clubs or other social clubs (tennis, yacht, > > school, etc). These are organizations. I hope > my > > explaining this made you laugh and you weren’t > > serious. > > Wait, drugs? I’m in. Clubs are really different > depending on the country. For example check out > the below link. That is how every club in Sweden > is. > > http://europeforvisitors.com/europe/countries/swed > en/stockholm-ice-bar.htm I’m going to have to go with no on this one. Not every club in Sweden is in an igloo. All clubs/bars/lounges have gimicks. One has girls in cages and is themed like a jungle. That’s what makes you want to tell your friend: “YO I’M GOING TO SUPERCLUB THEY GOT RACKS ON RACKS ON RACKS OF #RARE CREATURES SERVING YOU DRINKS”

Have you ever been to Sweden? Then how can you possibly know. I bet you think Russia is all Kremlin and oligarchs like you read in the news. The reality is that most of Russia is like this: http://lastrow.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/walrus.jpg

I have to say that the Ice Bar in Sweden is pretty overrated and definitely not a pick-up spot in case anyone was thinking that. When I went it was all tourists. On the other hand, Sweden has the most beautiful women I have ever seen of the 30 or so countries I have visited…hands down. Disclaimer: I have not been to Brazil or Argentina where I also hear the talent level is quite high.

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “YO I’M GOING TO SUPERCLUB > THEY GOT RACKS ON RACKS ON RACKS OF > #RARE CREATURES SERVING YOU DRINKS” +1 advice euro girlz luv americanz

Met my girlfriend in a nightclub. Have spent 4 years together. Separated last night.