Bar/nightclub scene pickups

If the Chilli Dog is such a well known party trick why has it never made an appearence / been referenced to in any of the American Pie type films produced over the years???

So, some chick that I met at a bar who actually approached me and gave me her number stood me up last night. Texted she “chickened out” 20 minutes after I got to the spot. People should let others know they are crazy, it would avoid a lot of wasted time.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So, some chick that I met at a bar who actually > approached me and gave me her number stood me up > last night. Texted she “chickened out” 20 minutes > after I got to the spot. People should let others > know they are crazy, it would avoid a lot of > wasted time. Damn, that’s a tough break. But sometimes it’s better to be let down early than going on a great date or two then never hearing again (happens). It’s weird she approached you though and then did that. Did you text her some stuff like “I don’t bite, unless that’s what you like.” LOL

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Damn, that’s a tough break. But sometimes it’s > better to be let down early than going on a great > date or two then never hearing again (happens). > It’s weird she approached you though and then did > that. Did you text her some stuff like “I don’t > bite, unless that’s what you like.” LOL No, I just deleted her info. I think she is either bi-polar or has some other relationship that screwed things up. First time this ever happened to me, and I’d never do it to someone else. Very discourteous. Maybe I chili dogged (sp?) her friend or something and they were getting back at me.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have to say that the Ice Bar in Sweden is pretty > overrated and definitely not a pick-up spot in > case anyone was thinking that. When I went it was > all tourists. On the other hand, Sweden has the > most beautiful women I have ever seen of the 30 or > so countries I have visited…hands down. > > Disclaimer: I have not been to Brazil or Argentina > where I also hear the talent level is quite high. Argentina has plenty of talent, but I had no luck at all down there. Maybe because I’m a tourist, or that I’m Asian, or that my game is weak. I heard the guys down there are really aggressive so maybe I wasn’t aggressive enough? Who knows.

bpdulog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Argentina has plenty of talent, but I had no luck > at all down there. Maybe because I’m a tourist, or > that I’m Asian, or that my game is weak. I heard > the guys down there are really aggressive so maybe > I wasn’t aggressive enough? Who knows. NO EXCUSES

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bpdulog Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Argentina has plenty of talent, but I had no > luck > > at all down there. Maybe because I’m a tourist, > or > > that I’m Asian, or that my game is weak. I > heard > > the guys down there are really aggressive so > maybe > > I wasn’t aggressive enough? Who knows. > > NO EXCUSES Touché

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, I dunno. All I can say is girls’ friends > are a f*cking nightmare in these situations. > When I have been successful, being in really good > shape has been a factor (not trying to be arrogant > here, just my honest thoughts). The other key > factor has been planting seeds inception style in > their brain throughout the night. At some point > long before you plan on leaving the bar, you gotta > take the leap and make a relatively dirty humorous > comment. If she doesn’t go for it, no hookup was > in the cards, if she laughs and comes back with > something to up the ante, things are good. From > that point, continue your normal convo, but just > occasionally work in increasingly suggestive > dialogue. Still, the cockblocking friend is > always gonna be an issue. The best way around it > is to at some point familiarize yourself with her > friends or best case scenario evacuate her from > the bar quickly without her friends knowing. > > Also, sounds like your getting a lot of hits so, > you must have the right stuff, just gotta keep > playing the #'s I didn’t read the whole thread, but Black Swan nailed it. Allegedly, there are all kinds of “tricks” or whatever for succeeding with women. But what actually works is two things: 1) be an attractive / interesting / well put together guy who carries himself with confidence. You don’t need to be Brad Pitt, just know how to represent yourself well and have something of value to offer (in shape, make a lot of money, interesting hobbies, well traveled, good conversationally, etc. – the more the better because women look at the total package, no pun intended) with no major offsetting negatives and 2) playfully reject her before she rejects you (this is the best inception). Attractive women have an endless supply of men to choose from, and guys fall all over themselves to talk to these girls and impress them. If you’re a guy who obviously has his sh*t together and is worthy of respect, and then reject HER FIRST (playfully of course), you win. Women never have this experience, and the message they intuitively take away is that you must have a lot of options and be a desirable man in order to talk to her that way. The interesting difference between men and women is that men find women attractive primarily based on their physical appearance, but women find men attractive based on their standing relative to other men, placing much less emphasis on physical appearance (although that is not an irrelevant factor) – the mere IDEA that a man is distinguished from the random pack of losers out there is usually enough to get a woman’s attention. Nothing does it faster than reframing the conversation and letting her know that you’re out of her league in a funny way.

You guys should come to Seoul, totally insane here. I don’t understand why someone would want to pickup some American woman? In finance terms: why add liabilities to your life’s balance sheet.

+1 purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys should come to Seoul, totally insane > here. > > I don’t understand why someone would want to > pickup some American woman? In finance terms: why > add liabilities to your life’s balance sheet.

How do you guys keep conversations going? I’m naturally introverted and not super talkative. I can get numbers, but oftentimes they won’t respond later most likely due to my not building enough rapport. So what are good conversation topics/questions?

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys should come to Seoul, totally insane > here. > > I don’t understand why someone would want to > pickup some American woman? In finance terms: why > add liabilities to your life’s balance sheet. because maybe they aren’t geeks with no social skills who have to move across the pacific to slay dime pieces I also like to be able to communicate with the women I date, the stereotypical korean girl is boring and overly materialistic. shit homie, those type of women are just not exotic to me. I grew up in a neighbourhood that was mostly koreans chinese and iranians. my first smash was a korean, they’re all no booty having headcases and that ish is played for a mofo like me anyway. still tho, im not writing them off completely, theres something about girls with black hair that faintly smell like mothballs and garlic, i can’t wrap my head around it.

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do you guys keep conversations going? I’m > naturally introverted and not super talkative. I > can get numbers, but oftentimes they won’t respond > later most likely due to my not building enough > rapport. > > So what are good conversation topics/questions? ask them what their interests are and what their life’s goals are, then actually pay attention to what they say and ask follow up questions. be confident, make a few stupid jokes that maybe mildly insulting and boom you’re golden.

bodhisattva Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I also like to be able to communicate with the women I date Uh that is so lame. That’s one thing I dig about hanging out here with the Korean dudes, no guy says that kind of stuff. I mean come on, be real.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bodhisattva Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I also like to be able to communicate with the > women I date > > > Uh that is so lame. That’s one thing I dig about > hanging out here with the Korean dudes, no guy > says that kind of stuff. I mean come on, be real. might as well just get a hooker then.

I was at the standard yesterday on 13th st - girl said she ‘liked my watch and that my friend’s rolex was cool, but prefers guys who wear patek philippes.’ haha

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was at the standard yesterday on 13th st - girl > said she ‘liked my watch and that my friend’s > rolex was cool, but prefers guys who wear patek > philippes.’ haha So the question: does she have good taste, is she a gold digger, or both?

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was at the standard yesterday on 13th st - girl > said she ‘liked my watch and that my friend’s > rolex was cool, but prefers guys who wear patek > philippes.’ haha You have a patek?