Beards; cool or not cool

Wait a minute. You married a woman a couple of years ago so no one would know that you’re actually gay and you’re calling other men girls for not doing the same?

i think Christian Bale looks ridiculous, i think some of these actors really enjoy looking miserable so they look more deserving of serious roles?

Ha, they look quite good to me!

I think Christian Bale has been married for more than a decade, so I suspect his wife likes the look and feel.

It’s not just him though, i find a lot of hollywood actors ambrace the “i do not shave and shower so take me as a serious actor” look.

^ I think it’s laziness more than anything else, at least as far as the beards go. If I didn’t have a job to go to everyday, I would probably start looking pretty scruffy after a few weeks. I can get them letting their hair grow long because you never know when a part will come up that requires long hair.

^^Agreed with Higgs. Growing a beard or long hair for a movie role (or potential role) is part of the job.

But Justin Timberlake looks like a tool with a beard.

For a movie role, of course, but other times they are not working on a movie and they just look dirty!

Funny this thread was started, I am actually debating whether I should go with the beard. It’s in style big time. If I do, I will keep it neat by grooming 1 or twice a week.

i always wonder. people say they are “too lazy” to shave, but isn’t it easier to shave it all off than to groom?

i am imagining like shaving your own head vs maintaining a hairstyle.

It is but I am not doing it because I’m lazy. I’m doing it because it’s in style and it would look good on me.

Boardmembers, why was my post wacked?

^^^It definitely isn’t easier to shave. Grooming a beard requires about a minute with a beard trimmer, maybe twice or three times a week. Shaving requires far more time and usually irritated my skin. Before I stopped shaving, I used to do it without shaving cream. Just hot water in the shower. Shaving cream is the worst.

Your logic also doesn’t extend to other parts of the body. I’m pretty hairy, so if I shave my chest, I gotta keep doing it every couple of days otherwise it looks like a five o’clock shadow on my chest. Also, chest stubble is itchy and uncomfortable when you have a shirt on. Is it lazy to not want to have to spend the time to shave your chest every couple of days? I really do have better things to do with my time.

They were cool until…

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/needed-another-reason-hate-brooklyn-hipsters-now-getting-beard-transplants/

shave it

You’re doing extra work for nothing, go al naturale and plenty of girls will dig it.

THIS

I bet a lot of actors grow beards so people will be less likely to recognize them.

Detailed-oriented artists?!? Seriously?