Best entrance in college football

@Blake, You said, “The ACC is weak now. How is that the Hokies fault?..In 2013 they play Alabama” Please stop posting, you’re not making any sense.

Zesty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @Blake, > > You said, > “The ACC is weak now. How is that the Hokies > fault?..In 2013 they play Alabama” > > Please stop posting, you’re not making any sense. Not only are you mad but your post makes zero sense.

Blake, I understand what you’re saying about developing a stronger schedule and not judging the team by the conference to some extent. FSU is one example of a team that I think MAY outshine their conference (pending this weekend’s results). Another was Utah just crushing 'Bama in 2009 (which I would have never predicted in a million years). So it can happen. And in the days before the rise of the SEC I think it was more common for teams to be judged independently. But in the current environment it’s going to be VERY difficult (not impossible though) for a team to win the BCS from outside the SEC as long as the SEC maintains it’s level of play. Two reasons 1) strength of schedule essentially means SEC team gets a slot and the rest of the league fights over the remaining slot. Second reason is that it’s VERY difficult for a team to just step up to the level of play of the SEC in the championship game when these guys have been playing in that atmosphere at that speed and level of physicality game in and game out since the onset of the season.

Haha. This thread went south pretty quick. Look, all I wanted was opinions on who you thought had the best entrance. There aren’t any right or wrong answers with this one. I have only seen a few in real life (VT, Clemson, Penn State, WVU, etc). SEC is boss. Can’t argue that one. BUT - FSU sucks.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Haha. This thread went south pretty quick. > > Look, all I wanted was opinions on who you thought > had the best entrance. There aren’t any right or > wrong answers with this one. I have only seen a > few in real life (VT, Clemson, Penn State, WVU, > etc). > > SEC is boss. Can’t argue that one. > > BUT - FSU sucks. Yep, I was basically just looking for ways to plug the SEC into this convo :wink: However, I will say, I learned something from all this, I was not aware there was so much bad blood between VT and FSU fans. And the ACC in general has a lot of rivalries (plus the Georgia / Georgia Tech thing, although that’s cross conference). It’s weird, cause in the SEC you don’t get that same feeling. Like yeah, Georgia and Florida hated each other a few years back, but in general, there’s a lot of shared respect between teams in the SEC IMHO

Yo Blake you are looking mad weak son…

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > USC is not Cal. I think he was clarifying USC in California vs USC = University of South Carolina

Blake McCallister Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You trolling brah? If I went to a “football > school” what, like Penn State? LMAO Last time > Penn State had a decent team I think Blair Thomas > was the RB. The Golden Girls was probably #1 in > the Nielsons. LMAO > How on earth could you say Penn State is not a football school? I didn’t graduate from Penn State but am an alum from the Big 10 and believe me they are a football school. They are consistently ranked every year.

So I put submitted my fan rankings on ESPN for the top 7 teams based on where I think they’ll be in several weeks (didn’t bother with the others). Here’s what I came up with based on VERY limited data points and making some forward looking assumptions: 1) LSU (or 'Bama, pending outcome of their showdown. I pick LSU narrowly) 2) FSU (or Oklahoma, pending this weekend’s matchup. I pick FSU by 10) 3) Stanford 4) Boise 5) Alabama (or LSU) 6) Oklahoma (or FSU) 7) Arkansas I purposely just ignored the Big 10 altogether.

Stocks & Blondes Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How on earth could you say Penn State is not a > football school? I didn’t graduate from Penn > State but am an alum from the Big 10 and believe > me they are a football school. They are > consistently ranked every year. By this same logic it would be silly to not call VT a football school or a “blip”. Both are “football schools”.

Can we please talk about the SEC? I wanna talk about the SEC guys, c’mon…

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Stocks & Blondes Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > How on earth could you say Penn State is not a > > football school? I didn’t graduate from Penn > > State but am an alum from the Big 10 and > believe > > me they are a football school. They are > > consistently ranked every year. > > By this same logic it would be silly to not call > VT a football school or a “blip”. Both are > “football schools”. Penn State has a better history but really has hit a brick wall recently. Tech really didn’t exist until 99 and Vick’s arrival but has had the superior program since. The term “football school” is idiotic I agree. Also comparing Tech and Penn state is idiotic as they are in completely different conferences and never play each other. I like what Tech is doing scheduling alabama in a few years and then Wisco since the conference play of the ACC has become so weak. And concerning FSU, Tech is the ACC Champs. Nothing more to say until the end of the season…

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can we please talk about the SEC? I wanna talk > about the SEC guys, c’mon… NO! Start your own thread Swan!!!

Blake McCallister Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Stocks & Blondes Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > How on earth could you say Penn State is not > a > > > football school? I didn’t graduate from Penn > > > State but am an alum from the Big 10 and > > believe > > > me they are a football school. They are > > > consistently ranked every year. > > > > By this same logic it would be silly to not > call > > VT a football school or a “blip”. Both are > > “football schools”. > > > Penn State has a better history but really has hit > a brick wall recently. Tech really didn’t exist > until 99 and Vick’s arrival but has had the > superior program since. The term “football > school” is idiotic I agree. Also comparing Tech > and Penn state is idiotic as they are in > completely different conferences and never play > each other. > That was when I was down there. My cousin (one of my roommates) was a fullback on the team. He caught a few balls from Vick in the national championship game. It was an awesome time to be on campus.

I was there during the Bryan Randall, Marcus Vick, Sean Glennon era for grad school. 05 was pretty sweet because USC and Texas were 1 and 2 and everyone in BBurg was complaining how the Hokies were not included (they were undefeated as well and I believe 3 at the time. They completely looked past the Miami game in November and lost. That sucked. Bunch of players during that time period are now in the NFL.

I know this thread was dead, but Saturday revived it. VT vs Miami 4 seconds left Miami calls a timeout. Then the PA dude fires up “Enter Sandman” again. The whole crowd goes absolutely freakin nuts. Announcer’s quote “These people are losing their minds, this is beautiful.” The 56 second mark is the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blzftASduNc&feature=player_embedded Sorry won’t play on mobile devices

I wasn’t aware VT was still doing the football thing these days. Good for them! :slight_smile:

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wasn’t aware VT was still doing the football > thing these days. Good for them! :slight_smile: You can not have my goat that easily Swan.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Please nominate one team and try to remain > objective: > > Virginia Tech (Metallica- Enter Sandman entrance) > > Bird’s eye view > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1EW5z1wdc > > Field view > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ET8KpC7o2M&feature > =related > > *note this was my school and I am not objective in > any way, but it is still a bad ass entrance. I got to experience that for 5 years since I loved college so much and took the extra year in Blacksburg. Holler. m

FSU is having an amazing season. lmao i’m like lmao