Biden vs. Trump debates

true. i guess some leaders obtain their power through a coup de tat. but the debate is one of the ways americans rate their leaders. in terms of leadership quality, most historians cant give a leardership rating until 50 years later usually since there is so much bias in current time period.

If Biden refuses to debate, Trump will brag every single day that he won, Biden is a ■■■■■/coward/■■■■■, say that at least Crooked Hilary had the guts to debate him… meme the hell out of him…

Biden and DNC will finally crack and agree to a debate where Trump will destroy him.

Anyways, anyone else as excited as me to see this go down? This will be the last time we ever get to witness President Trump debate… please don’t take this away from me libs

1 Like

In short, his usual childishness.

Sadly, I’m sure you’re right.

You have hit upon exactly the reason that debates are pretty much worthless for determining who is the better candidate.

1 Like

Trump lost to Hillary in the debates imo and he still won lol.

I’m amazed at the disconnect in perception. I have good friends (mostly NYC and LA) that are convinced Biden will win. From my vantage point Trump has an easy victory ahead of him.

I thought we are basing his leadership based on the market. And if that’s the case then he should lose.

After shutting down the world economy, social distancing 6-ft apart, markets are still higher than when Obama left. He’s doing a great job.

Compared to . . . whom?

I’d hope so after 4 years

Obama, Bush, Clinton, ect ect… he’s doing great, love him.

Compared to Bush, Jr., but he had 2008.

Compared to Obama and Clinton, you’re dead wrong:

The S&P was up:

• 13.8% per year under Obama
  • 15.2% per year under Clinton
  • A pathetic 5.9% per year under Trump

If you dial it back to 2/19/2020 – the carefully picked high point in the S&P 500 so far this year – Trump’s at 13.8% per year: dead even with Obama and still behind Clinton.

So . . . in short . . . he seems to be doing a slightly below average job by that criterion.

Trump started at near historic highs, while Obama started at lows. Trump got GDP growth numbers that Obama said would require a “magic wand”. Also, Trump has to deal with the fake news, which was something Obama didn’t have to deal with.

Don’t you ever get tired of making excuses for Trump?

Fake news? Get real!

Come on now. He just proved you completely wrong. Your own measure was that markets are higher than when Obama left. You can’t change the narrative to include GDP growth and give reasons why you were wrong (Obama started at lows…). You were just wrong.

Obama did start at lows, makes it easy for him. Based on how Obama and his administration handled H1N1 (google it) lets just be grateful that we finally have competent leadership in this country.

Again, what are you talking about? Nobody’s saying Obama didn’t start at lows. You’re the one who volunteered that markets have performed better under Trump, which is wrong.

Didn’t say that. I said he’s doing great.

I suspected this. You actually meant that markets are literally higher today vs. the day Obama left office, didn’t you?

That’s what I meant.

I figured as much. That’s not much of an accomplishment, however.