Body image issues... for MEN

I workout like an animal and have the be the strongest pound for pound (when in the gym) and best fighter (when in the ring). For me, its not a matter of body image but more bc im ultra competitive.

No homophobic…I was just answering the OP’s question…he asked if we look at other men and go “Damn I need to work out before wearing that tank top”…i was just saying that no I don’t do this.

Right on, homie, SUN’S OUT, GUNS OUT! Triceps wobble be damned, welcome to the gun show, b!tches, ya’eh. Looks don’t matter at all. Just check out my hilarious buddy and his wife:

I have the opposite problem from Nana’s friend. I’m very fit, but with clothes, I look like a super nerd. I also don’t like to go around without a shirt - but that is a cultural thing and because I don’t like sun burns. It’s not because of body image issues.

Re: checking out other guys. Eye tracking studies have shown that men tend to focus their sight on the crotch area of male images. So, if you are not comparing yourself to other guys, there is something wrong.

They’re just checking to see if other guys find them attractive, and then decide which direction to run (towards or away, YMMV).

For me, I’m able to admire a man’s physique in one of two possible ways: 1) “I woudn’t mind looking like that”; and 2) I am able to admire the work, dedication, and/or talent it requires to look that way (whether or not I care to look like that) .

It is true that if I observed a Arnold-like body builder with a 15" erect dick walking determinedly towards me, I would run away.

This, plus it is a factor in determining the hierarchy in any given room.

lol

Whatever you guys say, but sense of humor is very much on top of my list. I went on a date a couple of weeks ago which I didn’t like, but couldn’t for the life of me figure out why. And then it just hit me - he didn’t make me laugh a single time! What’s worse - didn’t even try

I also don’t like very buff guys (or buff in general) esp if they look like they spend every single night at the gym. But it’s just my own preference.

No Homo

I think it’s natural to look at pretty things for human nature. I look at really pretty girls on the street and i can’t stop myself from staring at REALLY HUGE BOOBS (it’s not like i would have any sexual fantasy from looking at them), so there is nothing gay about men looking at really nice male physique.

Same. And I find some of them hot, but not in a sense that I want to sleep with them, but that I want to look/dress/move like them etc

I think male’s physique is being portrayed more and more in american tv shws and movies, whether every male audience respond to it or not, i think it’s playing a greater influence in popular culture.

Think about popular TV series for a moment, a decade or two ago, you’ve got Seinfield, X-Files, Friends, Arrested Development, 24, That 70s Show, The OC, etc. And now think about the popular series in the last 6-8 years, Dexter, Vampire Diaries, Prison Break, Lost, True Blood, Glee, Spartacus… Notice the physiques of the male actors??

Keep that to yourself, it’s offenseive!

It’s like saying “No Blacks” or anything equally politically incorrect.

I think you’re misunderstanding “No Homo.” What it means is (when said after something) “That might sound like it’s a gay thing, but I don’t mean it in a gay way.”

Whether or not its offensive is really dependent on the context and how sesitive people are. A lot of times it is used sarcastically to say “I’m saying it shouldn’t make me sound like gay, but I know full well that it does.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_homo

There is criticism about whether “No Homo” implies that someone should be afraid to be percieved as a otherwise, but that’s not really the same as saying No Blacks, which implies that black people are not welcome. “No Homos” (plural) would imply that in a gay situation, but “No Homo” (singular) is different in its intent.

Hmm… okay, i didn’t know that i take that back then.

:slight_smile:

Yeah CvM is pretty cool. I don’t think he means it that way.

A NBA star got fined for using that term.

I might be inclined to agree. Back in college there was a guy in my fraternity with a huge d!ck. Dudes would constantly joke about it and use any reason to get him to show it off to girls, or even to other dudes (no h0m0, no black). He used to just walk around the house with it hanging out, and rather than get po’d, dudes would actually stop and admire it (no f@egle).

Partially agree. See my comment about my fraternity brother with the huge d!ck above. In situations where p3nis size is known, I notice that the guys with the biggest d!cks are often the ones who call the shots, at least in social situations, in a particular group of otherwise equally matched dudes. No @sspacker.

My grooming habits:

-lift weights 4-5 times a week, but not Ahnold huge by any stretch. Generally try to maintain strong muscle definition, six pack abs, and a solidly shaped @ss (no f@iry).

-as mentioned in the manscaping thread, i actively manage my body hair, especially if i know it’s going to be seen in public. I shave off the nether regions at least once every 1-2 months as it grows back pretty quickly. Ideal look is about 2-3 weeks worth of growth.

-in the summer, i usually go to a n%de beach a couple times or find a way to tan my entire body (will not go to a tanning salon, ever) to just the right color so that it looks summery, but not Jersey Shore.

-i use facial products, lotions, skin cream, etc.

-my hair is perfectly tussled without the use of gels or combs. I’m at the age where most guys have already lost a large portion of their hair and/or gone grey, so i thank God every day that mine still looks like Eddie Vedder’s circa 1992, except maybe 12 inches shorter.

So verdict- overdoing it? Too vain? Too h0m0?