Body image issues... for MEN

hip to be square is huey masterpeice right?

Normal.

Mehhh, I’m 6’ 160, so I realize I’m very skinny. Getting around to working on it more after the exam. But I don’t have any “image” issues. Not anything that’s debilitating like how many women seem to be, anyway. One could have previously (or currently) considered me an “exibitionist.” I’ve certainly had the joy of being paper-bag man (or variation) a time or two in my day, even knowing how I would look in the eyes of the females (read: skinny).

Not sure why I don’t have any issues because certainly with the rise of the “metrosexual” while I was in hs/college, one would think that I (and most other males in their 20s) would start getting those issues. I think maybe it’s because I’m still pretty confident regardless of my apparent shortcomings

But - 1) I have one of those BSD (literal) friends too! Slapped it on a beer pong table one night and he became an instant hit. Likes to use it as a wristwatch, and ask people if they can tell him what time it is.

1. Definitely jealous of the hair thing. Will definitely be very bald by the time I’m 30. Basically already there.

These days there’s dudes gettin’ facials Manicured, waxed and botoxed With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands You can’t grip a tackle box.

Yeah, with all of these men linin’ up to get neutered It’s hip now to be feminized But I don’t highlight my hair, I’ve still got a pair, Yeah honey, I’m still a guy.

Oh, my eyebrows ain’t plucked, there’s a gun in my truck Oh thank God, I’m still a guy Yeah boy.

Read more: BRAD PAISLEY - I’M STILL A GUY LYRICS

Don’t worry about the hair dude. Girls don’t care all that much

My ex would stress himself (and me) about it all the time and I thought he’d look cute when bold.

you are citing BRAD PAISLEY? GET OFF OF OUR BOARD!!!

^ Lol

This coming from someone who also said p3nis size doesnt matter.

My routine goes like this:

1. Wake up, have sex as a warm up and to get the testosterone flowing. Then off to a gymnastics coaching session because I think it’s cool to be able to show off with back flips and walking around on your hands. This is outside so I can catch some early morning sun tan. Then I’ll do one or two big lifts after I’m all warmed up. I basically look like a white TO in his prime.

2. Then shower at the gym using exfoliant. I only wash my hare once every three days, but if it feels dry then I will use a conditioner. I usually wear it up to work if I have a meeting but if it’s a casual day I’ll where it down. It’s about chin lenth. I have my hair professionally styled at least one a month. Mani/pedi once a week. Fully body peel once a month.

3. After work I’ll usually swim or run for a couple of hours, typically keepking things to intervals of no longer than 2 minutes. Cool down in sauna.

4. All meals are vegetables and meat based, although I used to be a gormet chef so I like to have an ethnic focus each night. Today is Italian, so I’m thinking cacciatore. Usually we’ll wrap up with a sensual massage and some meditation.

Normal? Vain? Too much?

I didn’t say it doesn’t matter. I said it’s not what matters the most (to me at least).

But seriously, the full head of hair on someone over 35-40 creeps me out. It just doesn’t look natural to me. I had a CFA instructor like that - I kept wondering whether he did hair implants…

Efficient

If you’re not Patrick Bateman, I would say you’re all of the above.

[video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGeAMVK75T4]

Along with the term “gold-digger”, the term “metrosexual” is also going out of style.

I think men are picking up the fact that at least SOME forms of grooming are needed and essential in the modern world. We are (males and females) need to really take care of our bodies because we are working longer hours on average and have longer work lives (who retires at 60 these days?).

In order to stay competitive and confident in the work place (and social place), we all need to look and feel healthy. I am not talking about highlighting your hair or wear designer sandals here, I am more concerned with putting on sun screen and using the right cleanser and toner and serum to MAINTAIN a youthful look.

A lot of people mistaken it as “I need to be someone who i am not in order to be metrosexual”, i don’t think that’s a good perspective. However, i do want to look youthful (to look my early 20s) for as long as possible - and so should men, right?

I am your typical “skinny, pale, beauty products obsessed” japanese girl. (More on that later)

If you define hot as “tanned with huge boobs”, then i definitely am not.

:slight_smile:

I don’t know why either… but i NEVER wear makeup when i sleepm… except if i fell asleep on the train or something.

I think some girls like to look their best 24-7.

Waaaaay too much, IMHO.

Mani/pedi every week? Skin peel? Shower using exfoliant? Chin-length hair gets professionally styled once per month?

Again, do you get out of the shower to pee?

Ouch. I dated a Japanese girl for a couple of years, and she never wore makeup. She definitely wasn’t ugly.

Plus, Japanese women (Asian women in general) age really well too. They’ll look a lot better in their 40s than your typical fat arse American.

I’m a fan of the half-asian girls…nothing wrong with full asian though…im just sayin.

I think this topic deserves its own thread.

love those NURU places in midtown…