Body image issues... for MEN

I used to work by a few 24hr places and always suspected it to be a brothel. How anyone can partake in that without the willingness to contract a std is beyond me.

I wasn’t sure if he was joking or not, so i didn’t comment.

in fact, i don’t even do my nails every week… :slight_smile:

Although skin peel is a great idea, i recommend people do it every other year (at least) after the age of 28!

Perhaps you didn’t discover her “invisible makeup”…

:slight_smile:

I like the invisible makeup look, you know the makeup models wear in skincare ads - they clearly wear makeup but still look very natural and fresh.

cool thread.

Unfortunately the world seems to be becoming more and more vain. i want a fat-ass buck ugly hollywood lead star soon.

Hmm…those wrinkles tell a story you know…

Any recommendations on Japanese skin care lines I can obtain in NYC? I am not familiar with that market.

For mens or womens? Actually skin care products are not that gender-specific, more so to do with your skin TYPE, i think. (ie, some men and women share the same skin type and not all women have the same skin type)

I don’t know if you can find Japanese products in NYC, but i know Sephora has a lot of asian products now from what i’ve heard.

I can open another thread to share beauty products if you want. (i didn’t think anyone would be interested on this forum ^_^)

Ain’t nothing gay, metro, or sissy bout taking care of yourself.

^Agreed. But there’s a difference between taking care of yourself and getting a mani/pedi once per week and your hair professionally styled once per month.

For women:) And it looks like we are the only two females around here, so there is no need for a separate thread. Any favorites in Sephora?

Yes. There is also a difference between taking care of yourself and being overweight. Different people have different standards. So what if I get a fully body polish and seaweed exfoliant every quarter or so? I’m sellin’ stocks and slayin’ box, son.

Today marks the day of the slow demise of the male dominated WC section. In the horizon it will be filled with posts about caddy female co-workers, the effects on hair caused by rain / weather, real (insert some denomination of housewife), family problems, and emotionless bfs. Comrades, it has been a good run but we all knew this day would come.

Chill! It’s only two of us against ALL of you!

And where is such deep knowledge of women convos coming from?:wink:

I’ve been subjected to such venting during my pursuit of maintaining a ltr. The cold bf was always the response i would receive after giving my rational .02…

I’m gonna have to disagree with this one. Don’t want to run you out of the WC, but if you want to talk makeup and Lifetime Original Movies, please feel free to start your own thread. Trust me–we won’t hijack it.

Really? Even a gentle one?

Yeah, but looks like you guys are very much up for talking about exfoliants as well:)

Sorry to hear that. FWIW I always prefer rational 0.02 cents to endless discussions

I think there are more than 2 females on AF, and i didn’t know so many people here are interested in talking about beauty regime… anyway, i will open anther thread later.

Honestly I don’t shop in Sephora regularly (since they pulled out of Japan long ago) and i only occassionally go there when i travel, so i don’t know what they carry.

I know they do carry SK-II products now according to my friends in North America, which is probably the biggest and most recognized Japanese skincare line. I use several of their products regularly and it’s perfect for “normal” skin type.

I assume you are referring to srubs?

I think it’s generally okay to use body scrubs, as long as you are not rubbing it harshly and over-doing it. But I stopped using face scrubs years ago, because as fine as the particles can be (without losing its exfoliating power), it is still harsh on your face.

I prefer enzymatic peeling gel or rice exfoliating masks for more gentle (and more effective) face exfoliations.

:slight_smile: