Bonus time...

any more trickling in? i’d be curious to hear from anybody in real estate. seems optimism is back, money starting to get pushed out the door, wondering if anyone is noticing it in their comp.

Will prob rec’ ~ 2-3% raise and 5-7% bonus (yay!). Wo’nt find out until Mid March. Party like it’s 1999 in my household. Damn I need a new job

mep_cfa’10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will prob rec’ ~ 2-3% raise and 5-7% bonus (yay!). > Wo’nt find out until Mid March. Party like it’s > 1999 in my household. Damn I need a new job I don’t know for sure, but have a feeling I’m in the same boat. Gonna do like another 1-1.5 years here then bizzounce to the big apple.

Hoping for a promotion, not sure how the bonus will be until a couple weeks from now.

are you in NYC or Boston? What do you do for living?

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > are you in NYC or Boston? What do you do for > living? not sure if you’re asking me but i’m in the northeast, not NYC or boston. AVP of acquisitions on a closed end fund.

I was asking to Purealpha

Me, I’m career back-office, I just like to analyst stuff.

Does anyone get a portion of their bonus deferred? I figured that was mainly used via stock options often for upper management to align long-term interests and prevent excessively risky behavior, but I was given a partially deferred cash bonus for 2010. I don’t make the trading decisions myself so I’m thinking this is just a sneaky way to present a decent bonus number and potentially not have to pay it all out if I leave…

sundevl21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone get a portion of their bonus deferred? > I figured that was mainly used via stock options > often for upper management to align long-term > interests and prevent excessively risky behavior, > but I was given a partially deferred cash bonus > for 2010. I don’t make the trading decisions > myself so I’m thinking this is just a sneaky way > to present a decent bonus number and potentially > not have to pay it all out if I leave… Yeah, that seems shiesty. The last place I worked gave me part of my bonus in stock options with a five year vesting period. I argued with my boss about it, saying that I only wanted cash, but he wouldn’t budge. Needless to say, those never vested, but fortunately it was only a small part of the total such that it was clearly better for me to move on when a good opportunity came my way. I would hate to be in a situation where you’re half way through the vesting period and have to eat it if you want to move to another, better opportunity. In the future, I would never agree to work under such a system.

Last year, my company tried to give bonuses as stock. However, there was no vesting period so everyone was just going to sell it immediately. They realized this system was idiotic and just gave everyone cash. I agree that 5-year vesting is too much. A lot can happen during that period. The problem is that companies apply these policies to existing employees so they don’t have a chance to say no.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Me, I’m career back-office, I just like to analyst > stuff. Haha. I saw comments you made in another post. For you - Back-office for life

They vest part of my bonus in some of our funds. I’m fine with that, eat your own cooking and all that stuff…although I don’t have too much time to cook recently, and as a result it tends to be edible but bland.

Got 15% raise and 10% bonus. Also got 1% of top line revenue growth for next year which would amount to about 45% of my base, so net I got some good cash. Then I got the offer in LA, based went up 80% and bonus talk is looking like 10 percent of base. I’m happy.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got 15% raise and 10% bonus. Also got 1% of top > line revenue growth for next year which would > amount to about 45% of my base, so net I got some > good cash. > > Then I got the offer in LA, based went up 80% and > bonus talk is looking like 10 percent of base. I’m > happy. Wait, how can you know what 1% of top line revenue growth is for NEXT year? Got a corporate title promotion, new pay scale, about a 30% raise and a 20% cash bonus. Funds vesting happens later on.

i’m prepared to throw down a full “class-5” tantrum if i (ok, when i) don’t get the number i want this year. i’ve been practicing with my 2yo nephew. http://news.hereisthecity.com/news/business_news/12205.cntns

I’ve only been employed for 6 months so on a pro-rated basis 2010 base +35% = 2011 base 2010 base x 35% = 2010 bonus Full year cut %ages by 2.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Got 15% raise and 10% bonus. Also got 1% of top > > line revenue growth for next year which would > > amount to about 45% of my base, so net I got > some > > good cash. > > > > Then I got the offer in LA, based went up 80% > and > > bonus talk is looking like 10 percent of base. > I’m > > happy. > > Wait, how can you know what 1% of top line revenue > growth is for NEXT year? > > Got a corporate title promotion, new pay scale, > about a 30% raise and a 20% cash bonus. Funds > vesting happens later on. I’m just making my base assumption that the business will stay flat. So far we’re annualizing about 20% more than last year, however, i’m out in 10 days… Even with a 20% top line growth, 15% raise in base and 10% discretionary i’m still pretty far away from my base+bonus in LA including a COLA

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brain_wash_your_face Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Got 15% raise and 10% bonus. Also got 1% of > top > > > line revenue growth for next year which would > > > amount to about 45% of my base, so net I got > > some > > > good cash. > > > > > > Then I got the offer in LA, based went up 80% > > and > > > bonus talk is looking like 10 percent of > base. > > I’m > > > happy. > > > > Wait, how can you know what 1% of top line > revenue > > growth is for NEXT year? > > > > Got a corporate title promotion, new pay scale, > > about a 30% raise and a 20% cash bonus. Funds > > vesting happens later on. > > I’m just making my base assumption that the > business will stay flat. So far we’re annualizing > about 20% more than last year, however, i’m out in > 10 days… Even with a 20% top line growth, 15% > raise in base and 10% discretionary i’m still > pretty far away from my base+bonus in LA including > a COLA Come on Brain - AM spots the situation and has a uncle who runs prostis and high yield funds out of Malaysia - you don’t think he can do an income statement projection one year out at the company he works for? His run rate game is tight brah. Congrats on the move AM. Keep that camera busy and the AF crew updated.

Don’t count chickens…