Bonus time...

14.3% raise in base & same % for bonus. Pretty happy since my last job I didn’t get a raise for nearly 1 3/4 yrs and bonuses were just sad.

Expecting mine Tue/Wed next week. Champagne on ice…

4.73% raise / 8.30% bonus ~ about what I was expecting. However, I’m looking to switch jobs and move to another city. Have a few irons in the fire so I may possibly be able to put in my 2 weeks when bonus gets paid (2/28). m

30% bonus

30% raise, 5% bonus (was only here 2 months out of the year)

^wtf How did that happen?

2 months here, 11% bonus

13.5% raise. No bonus :frowning:

When I first started, I got about 60% bonus for 5 1/2 months.

gotta love the 45% tax rate on the bonus though

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gotta love the 45% tax rate on the bonus though bonus income is just regular income. you may be withholding too much. talk to hr.

It’s because they are withholding at the marginal rate. All the lower tax levels are used up on your salary.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wake2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > gotta love the 45% tax rate on the bonus though > > bonus income is just regular income. you may be > withholding too much. talk to hr. good catch, I think I forgot to adjust this

yea i think you can tell them how much to withhold from your bonus check. i believe the standard withholding is so large because they annualize your bonus assuming the bonus covers your income for the regular pay period.

I’m hoping to get a bunch of my bonus back with my refund. It seems like they always take out too much, my accountant explained it to me once but it is in one ear out the other when he talks.

Yea you should get the bonus tax back. Got mine today… 40% bonus 8% raise ~ very good year instituational asset mgmt expected raise to be higher as i got promoted…first one in AM. Am I off on that one?

recentcornellgrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yea you should get the bonus tax back. > > Got mine today… > > 40% bonus 8% raise ~ very good year > > instituational asset mgmt > > expected raise to be higher as i got > promoted…first one in AM. Am I off on that one? Probably not off. As you get “higher up”, more and more % of the comp becomes variable (i.e. bonus goes up, salary does not). I haven’t had a salary bump in five years.

14% Bonus, 3% Raise. Can’t be disappointed as this is the high end for the company, but still wish I was getting 50% like you guys.

^percentages are all relative…

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^percentages are all relative… True, but I wouldn’t be very surprised if many of your bases are higher than mine too :frowning: On another note, I would be interested in hearing what you’re all spending your bonus on. I can’t think of a whole lot I want; I’ve been trying to live more minimally. Maybe I’ll get a better suit or something.