Bonus

So what was everyone’s? To start it off: $25k cash Still waiting for equity portion

In order for that to be useful information, maybe you should add if you were disappointed, satisfied, or whatever. Depending on the department/institution, someone might be insulted by what another person thinks is fantastic.

25k cash is sweet! I work in big 4, no bonus here

There are some pretty sweet bonuses in this industry, but that’s just what I’ve heard…

get mine next week and 1.5x base… i am happy with it

Don’t know yet, found out a couple weeks ago that there will be no raises this year. Payout will likely be very low and insignificant.

I work in equity research in NYC at a big-8 TARP bank. Bonus is down 70-90% versus last year.

No raise for me either; bonuses were down 20-25% from last year (when they were 80-100% of base)

fxguy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So what was everyone’s? > > To start it off: > $25k cash > Still waiting for equity portion Wow man, 25k bonus, thats a lot of bones. What do you do? How do I get into it? I got a 10% raise, $300 bonus, lol! This was pretty much expected.

what are you making all-in?

Dermot, How much was it last year as a % of base ?

taz722 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dermot, > > How much was it last year as a % of base ? 60-70%

Sux.Jump to the buyside.

No bonus, but $10K raise. I don’t know if I should be disappointed or just satisfied that I’m still employed. I’m a PM for a wealth management company.

in NYC bonus was 20% of base…somewhat expected given the year that was 2008

I remember when I got my bonus figures in January, I really didn’t have a strong reaction either positively or negatively. I remember thinking to myself that I was just happy to get paid and keep my job. We should all be lucky to be employed, and at the very least, it sounds like most of us on this forum at least relatively early enough in our career paths where it won’t make a huge dent for the long-term.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I remember when I got my bonus figures in January, > I really didn’t have a strong reaction either > positively or negatively. I remember thinking to > myself that I was just happy to get paid and keep > my job. We should all be lucky to be employed, and > at the very least, it sounds like most of us on > this forum at least relatively early enough in our > career paths where it won’t make a huge dent for > the long-term. Very true. The real problems hit when you start counting on your bonus to pay your kid’s tuition etc.

a local IB, no bonus while the bank was still making money last year…no fair

I’m only in a consulting role to financial firms at the moment. Nevertheless, 20% of base, that was 3% above target bonus being at the firm for 5 months now. Work is really not too interesting, and won’t add much to earning the charter, but the pay is ok for the time being. Like numi said, happy to have a job and get decent money for it.

egal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m only in a consulting role to financial firms > at the moment. Nevertheless, 20% of base, that was > 3% above target bonus being at the firm for 5 > months now. Work is really not too interesting, > and won’t add much to earning the charter, but the > pay is ok for the time being. Like numi said, > happy to have a job and get decent money for it. What sort of consulting do you do for them?