Book 6 Scores

Niblita75 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just took 1 PM . . . 63% Corp Governance, PM, and > Quant got me bad for some reason. Combined a 76% > with the morning, but crap . . . a lot more work > needed. Nibi same thing happened with me in 1 PM…I got 72% in the morning but could score only 65 in second one. FSA , CF was confusing for me.

For test 2 AM, question 18. Adjusted beta converging to 1. I think Schweser got it wrong, they are wrong in the books too. Schweser claims that the larger the a1, the forecast will move toward 1 more quickly. I am not able to see why it is correct. If beta is larger than 1, then the smaller the a1, the faster it converge to 1. Just plug in the number, you will see it is like that. Another way, if a1 = 1, a0 = 0, then it will never converge to 1. what do you think? I will start a thread to discuss this. See anybody has an opinion on this.

Took 2pm tonight. Finally got > 50% on ethics! Running totals 1am 77 1pm 67 2am 80 2pm 83

Running total Book 1: 1am 52 1pm 55 2am 67 Book 2 1am 77 1pm 77 So far Schweser has reported a total of 3300 or so test…the averages on these 5 have ranged between 60 and 63.

Took another today Book 1: 1am 83 1pm 63 2am 75 I am not liking the the fluctuations in my scores so far.

first of all, congrats on your scores. they’re great. and more telling, they are improving. now. do you attribute the jump in your score to you having had more time to prep between tests or book 7 being easier? ofcourse some or all of it had to come from you understanding the material better as time passes, but those are really good book 7 scores. what’s your honest opinion? i obviously have not taken a book 7 test yet. thanks

bump for a jasonindc response.

Hi Everyone, I’m so glad I found this forum … makes me feel much better that others are going through this fun experience with me :wink: I did exam 1 am and pm and got 41/60 on both … 68% so i was pretty happy about it. Made many stupid mistakes and scored 3/12 on ethics but i’m leaving that section till the last week b4 exam. I did exam 2 am yesterday and scored 53 … I was so dissapointed. I was stuck on q 14 for a while and I just found out that there was a mistake in it. I don’t know if anyone else found exam 2 way harder than 1? Last year when i did L1, i noticed that CFA exam is much easier than schweser exams. I really hope that this will be the case this time. good luck to everyone

I havent took the 2 am yet but the scores I have seen are higher than 1 am & pm. It may be because of people are now well prepared.

My test results, so far: B1 1AM: 53% B1 1PM: 55% B1 2AM: 67% (bombed the quant and derivatives item sets - killed equity and fsa) I took a week off from tests between 1 and 2 so glad for the improvement. Londongq, Plenty of time left so no need to worry. There are some great scores on AF but the results on schweser’s website is a better representation of all candidates. Also, I agree with you about Schweser exams being much more difficult than the real thing. I never scored above 73% on six different L1 practice exams but ended up 70%+ on all sections on the actual exam (and was laughing to myself during the exam about how easy it was). I know L2 is a different ballgame so I’m just hoping to get by.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I havent took the 2 am yet but the scores I have > seen are higher than 1 am & pm. > > It may be because of people are now well prepared. Per schweser, average scores are: 1am 63 1pm 62 2am 61 2pm 66

Getting slaughtered. I stopped halfway on 1 am and I am in the 50s.

Since each test only has 10 vignettes, I feel like you shouldn’t necessarily expect to improve with each test you take. The content of each test is completely different from the other tests. For example, test 1AM is 20% ethics. The next two don’t have ethics at all. As far as my results, I scored 49/60 (81.67%) on 1AM and 50/60 (83.33%) on 1PM. I took the first half of 2AM and only got 20/30 (66.67%) and then I got tired and called it a night.

book 1 exam 2 pm: 75% – definitely easier.

Nice work man. Score are going up.

thanks mwvt, it was an obviously easier test, but i’ll take it.

Alright. I took my first full test today and scored lower than I would like. Book 1 AM: 65 PM: 58 Considering I haven’t studied all of derivatives yet I think I can pull that score up significantly. I am just worried I don’t have enough time until the test. Am I still in a good position to pass?

Completed Book 6 1PM today… Overall Score: 80% AM: 75% (taken last week) PM: 85%

just took Book 1 AM - 72% dunno to be happy or sad - of course no quant was on there…so i was saved. got screwed on ethics…just like ya’ll…

cooool, goood one. you nailed it!