Boston?

Did anyone take the exam in Boston? Just curious as to where its held. Thanks.

originally i was going to, but changed it to small town in the midwest. i took the exam with < 200 people in the room. in boston, rumor was they had at least 2000 people sitting. i dont like that level of distraction. i would consider checking around for nearby states.

I took level I in Boston at the new convention center in South Boston in 2006 and it was a sh*t show. Had to be at least 2500 people in one room the size of 3-4 football fields. The proctors were let’s just say strict (which I suppose they had to be given the # of people). So in 2006 I opted for Hartford for level II. I HIGHLY recommend Hartford over Boston if it works logistically for you. Only about a hundred people and the proctors were very accomodating.

Whats the big deal with having that many people taking the exam at the same time? It’s not like it’s really loud or anything… As long as you know your stuff, it shouldn’t be a problem right? jbaldyga Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I took level I in Boston at the new convention > center in South Boston in 2005 and it was a sh*t > show. Had to be at least 2500 people in one room > the size of 3-4 football fields. The proctors > were let’s just say strict (which I suppose they > had to be given the # of people). > > So in 2006 I opted for Hartford for level II. I > HIGHLY recommend Hartford over Boston if it works > logistically for you. Only about a hundred people > and the proctors were very accomodating.

I was in boston this past june…about 2700 people were there. It was in the new convetion center. it wasn’t as loud as you would think it would be, but maybe I’m just good at tunning things out. Procters had the personality’s of dung beatles…but that’s just my opinion.

i was in boston too for L1 in june. tons of people but they all paid hundreds of dollars and studied for months to take an extremely difficult test that could make or break a career so you could hear a pin drop in the room.

yeah i live in Boston, but the thought of 2700 people (and the bathroom lines) might convince me to go down to Hartford instead. Thanks for the input guys.

I took it in Boston as well…it was not loud at all and everything went relatively smooth. However, getting in and out was terrible and the lunch lines were horrendous…I am thinking of switching to PVD for LII

oooh, didn’t know they offered it in providence. I may just do that. Now when I registered for December, did i lock in where i was going to take it? I can’t remember if they asked during the sign-up process.

I think you can change it for no cost before like 30days or something…

for level 1 in December '07 it was at the Hynes Convention Center

2008 June exam was at CCRI (Community College of Rhode Island) in Warwick - about 10 minutes south of downtown providence).

good thread guys! for level II next year i will likely do PVD or CT.

I live in Boston. I don’t mind taking exam with a lot of people as long as the location is convienient to access. I hope the test center for the June exam will be somewhere in the city.

Good thread. I was pondering the volume of people in Boston myself. Though I am sure it is quiet, the lines getting in, out, lunch lines, bathroom lines, yadda yadda are needless aggravation. I’d rather be in a smaller quiet place conducive to maintaining a calm relaxed demeanor. Anyone know what the volume of people is like in CT or RI?

ditto… lost_in_boston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good thread. I was pondering the volume of people > in Boston myself. Though I am sure it is quiet, > the lines getting in, out, lunch lines, bathroom > lines, yadda yadda are needless aggravation. I’d > rather be in a smaller quiet place conducive to > maintaining a calm relaxed demeanor. > > Anyone know what the volume of people is like in > CT or RI?

The December exam isn’t offered in RI, I wish it were because I would rather take it there than in Boston. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/dec_testcenters.pdf

Dang, so it Hartford or Boston huh? I might be tempted to take a drive down to Hartford if there are fewer people there.

I took L1 in Boston and L2 in Hartford and I definitely preferred Hartford. Couldn’t have been more than 200 people. No lines for the restroom; great facility (brand new convention center). Felt less like cattle and more like a human being.

i think i’m sold. hartford here I come.