Boy am I down on my luck...

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ya, I had a abdominal disease, long story short I > can’t even drink my sorrow away for quite some > time…maybe that’s a good thing though LOL! Still > it’s hard not to drink when your a Bluenoser… > > Times will get better, I firmly believe that. For > everyone laid off on the street, or people in > situations like mine, I always think there is > someone in the world worse off. Far worse off. > > It was Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and for > the first time in my young life I truly apreciated > it and was thankful for things like family, > friends and good health. I think things like this > for young guys like me will ultimately build some > character… Yes, be glad that you realize that there are great things and wonderful people in your life that makes each day easier to get by when things get tough, especially at a young age. A lot of people don’t have that or will never realize it. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes detours and roadblocks to see the bigger picture and appreciate the things that matter.

Wish you the best, CFA_Halifax!

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > First I get sick 10 days after moving here > (Calgary) for almost 3 weeks with a crazy disease, > then everything falls to $hit as soon as I start > scouting the market again. Looks like I’ll be at > your neighborhood Starbucks very soon. No one is > hiring it seems, not even the oil companies. > Sigh. > > No regrets though, I need to be here when things > get better, and I’m sure then I can get a much > better job with a bank or oil company, but boy do > I wish I just did this 6 months ago instead of > thinking about it, I proably would have had a > sweet a$$ job, and even if laid off could get > poggy and would have experience on my resume. > > I’m sure there are plenty of other sob stories on > here, partially why I’ve been away. keep hustling bud’ grab yourself a job that pays the bills and keep on keepin’ on. my personal motto, which is sadly lifted from puff daddy is; can’t stop wont stop uh uh uh

dude western canada is the shit, we definitely cannot drink like hali boys (i got family there, to tell you the truth my cousin still rents a house where the filmed the first year of trailer park boys) anyway keep hustling, the sad reality is when you move out here get a wife make your 200k a year you stop worrying about becoming a BSD and your more concerned about the powder thats dropping on the hills.

Hi CFA_Halifax, I’m in Calgary too. I have lived here all of my life (I’m 23 years old). I would hang in there, there is always a lot of overreaction in the industry. There’s a good chance that the Alberta government will review their assessment of the new royalty changes. Calgary has a lot to offer in comparison to some other cities since everyone cares about work so much here. Keep your head up.

Thanks guys! I really love it here, it’s home to be now for sure, though I’ll always be a proud Maritimer. I went to a little bar in Red Deer this weekend, a real country place, just love the prairie culture, and don’t find it much different than the east coast. And of course the Rockies continuously blow me away…I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of them. This is home! Some time when times are happier we should get a few AFers out for a pint…hopefully I’ll be able to healthly drink by then!

sorry to hear man. I have had 7 email addresses this year and only sat in two seats. I dont know if we are sold, brought or traded?

Sad to hear about the disease CFA_H and glad to know that you are well…Many of us are undervalued and we can’t do anything about it except for using this time to build networks and gain more knowledge about forthcoming and existing (scarse) opportunities…and off course preparing for the expected interviews in case there are calls in future… I myself have tried netwroking and sending out mails to alumni, though have not received any convincing replies, all of them say that the company has not gor enough resources to train new commers, they have a lot of options for lateral hires, if they require…Its downturn, we have to keep courage and hope.

Sad to hear about the disease CFA_H and glad to know that you are well…Many of us are undervalued and we can’t do anything about it except for using this time to build networks and gain more knowledge about forthcoming and existing (scarse) opportunities…and off course preparing for the expected interviews in case there are calls in future… I myself have tried netwroking and sending out mails to alumni, though have not received any convincing replies, all of them say that the company has not gor enough resources to train new commers, they have a lot of options for lateral hires, if they require…Its downturn, we have to keep courage and hope. All the best…

Halifax, You home is right here on AF dot com buddy and we’re glad you’re with us. Willy

Halifax, sorry to hear about all this crap on your side; good to see you’re recovering though (health first, then the job will follow), and once you’ve had enough fresh mountain air to recover, let’s get together for a drink (ginger ale acceptable).’ I wish I could offer you some leads here but I’m hearing radio silence on that front; if anything comes up though, I’ll let you know.

Another Calgarian?

Thanks gents. It has been a very “interesting” few months between failing L3 which didn’t really piss me off till recently, to quiting my job for greener pastures, to getting sick, to not yet finding those pastures. My future autobiography should I ever have one has gained a few chapters… My life priorities have gone from “Wall Street” the “The Waltons” in a hurry. All the same, I love it here, and will remain an optimist. Good to see I am in good company with other skilled people sitting on their hands as well…somedays I truly wondered whether it was just me… Lets all keep our chins up and our hearts big!

what are the best temp agencies here in town gents? I have not had much luck finding them via Google… If Ryan can go from a temp photocopy boy at Dunder Mifflin to “corporate” in NY maybe I can…ahh never mind. I am just pathetic and need money!!!

total shot in the dark, anyone here with TD in town?? If so and they could email me @ cfahalifax@gmail.com they would have a friend for life…

CFA_Halifax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I’m just hoping that the gap on my resume, or > why I ditched my old decent paying job won’t be > hurdles down the road. Of course I can usually > talk my way out things and put a good spin on, > like Ricky with the cops!!! hahah my cousin lives in a house in the trailer park where they filmed the first season. \ good luck man, oh yeah and a word of advice now that you’re out west gonna have to start keeping an eye out for the samsquanches.

“Bubbles, are you watching this documentary about Saskatchewan’s” !!! Trailer Park Life!!!