Brag about your bonus thread

2nd week in March for me. Will probably be 15% - 20% of base. You don’t get rich in the valuation industry.

End of Feb here as well (but I’m in the corporate world, not a BSD finance guy like you all). Need to stay here to get it, which is nonsense IMO, but the topic for another thread altogether.

Bonus should be about 20% of base here I think.

I don’t think I’ll get a bonus but I’m hoping I get a little something for taking over my team and a title change.

I didn’t get an annual bonus, per se. However, we get “incentive pay” during tax season to keep us working hard.

since we’re throwing out numbers I’m forecasting 1.3x on a 30% of base target for Turd this year. the real payout when my fund liquidates will be roughly 2x base, which will hopefully be in 2014. i also get a 10% bone thown my way when we close a new fund, which should happen in 2014.

it will be interesting to see if anyone decides to part ways with my company after these payouts. i could see maybe one heading for the exit with a double barrel salute on their way out.

We had a good year, both performance and AUM are up and the trailing numbers look good. I am hoping for more than my salary. Last year sucked (didn’t adjust to the Draghi comments in time) and I’m getting married, so the timing is good.

I may use it to go in on another beach condo. Thinking maybe Maryland this time, cost is relatively low and they seem to be renting like crazy these days. #retireby40

Do you already have one, or more, in Myrtle Beach? A friend of a friend has one in Myrtle and he makes out pretty good with renting it.

Yah buddy! This is what i like to hear, major pay days. Some people get jealous but this is what should be the most inspriing to all. If you goons can pull in this dough, imagine the riches that are avaiable to the rest of us. You know im kidding, i really do like hearing about the AF brotherhood getting hooked up.

Really, MB is dirt cheap. I know this because my brother just bought a house there and he got 4br on the water for an unheard of amount.

Nope, no Myrtle. Maryland and Delaware, pooled money with my bro (fortunately we get along really well and completely trust each other). The nice thing about Delaware beaches is that they have a neighborhood feel and are still a little undiscovered by the northern hordes. Compared to the Jersey shore it’s bucolic. Also, they fared much better in Sandy.

It is important to divide labor well. If you have somebody that likes selling, then they can handle the rentals. If you have someone that likes logistics or is handy, they can handle the insurance, utilities and upkeep.

Southern NJ has it’s nice pockets. You just need to get south of all the New Yorkers, avoid the Canadians (why they travel all the way down to Wildwood is beyond me), and avoid AC. Condos are hard to comeby in the nicer areas though.

^^@higg. Yeah, I grew up going to Stone Harbor and my aunt has a place in Ocean City, so I have a penchant for those places. The fact is, Rehobeth is just nicer IMHO. Dewey is a great party place. I guess I just like the smaller town feel and not having to fight to go out to eat for crappy food. For now, at least, it beats Jersey, but is a longer drive (but not so long as the Carolinas).

so??? i saw you sprang for 2 audio books. does that mean you raked it in?

Stone Harbor is one of the nicer places I was thinking of. I was an LBI guy myself, although not that much of a beach fan. Haven’t been to the DE beaches, but have never heard anything bad.

[quote=“Turd_Fergeson”]

so??? i saw you sprang for 2 audio books. does that mean you raked it in?

Jelly of the Month Club Membership. Life is good!

the gift that keeps on giving the whole year. congrats.

I’d brag, but what a poor software engineer makes these days on wall st anyway

I wonder if these guys know The Commodores.

October here, which gives people 2 months to look for something else.