Building a mosque near ground zero?

I think Bob explains this pretty well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=966WFdC48PE

This mosque has as much to do with the falling of the towers as my dog did. It’s a full two blocks away. It’s not like it’s being built on the sight. If two blocks is too close, what is the appropriate distance? Would three blocks be okay? What about a mile? If you have a problem with this mosque than you should also have a problem with any muslims working or living within two blocks of ground zero.

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This mosque has as much to do with the falling of > the towers as my dog did. > > It’s a full two blocks away. It’s not like it’s > being built on the sight. If two blocks is too > close, what is the appropriate distance? Would > three blocks be okay? What about a mile? > > If you have a problem with this mosque than you > should also have a problem with any muslims > working or living within two blocks of ground > zero. of course when you say 2 FULL blocks, it sounds far, but its still a stone’s throw away. And that is considered close. Instead of questioning why people are against this idea, they should be asking those so called “moderate” muslims why did they choose such a location?

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This mosque has as much to do with the falling of > the towers as my dog did. > > It’s a full two blocks away. It’s not like it’s > being built on the sight. If two blocks is too > close, what is the appropriate distance? Would > three blocks be okay? What about a mile? > > If you have a problem with this mosque than you > should also have a problem with any muslims > working or living within two blocks of ground > zero. If someone took a dump two tables away from your cube…you would still smell it.

one of the underlying problem is that the question is there has islam been hijacked by fundamental crazies or is this the essence of the religion …the practicioners need to speak up more…

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > one of the underlying problem is that the question > is there has islam been hijacked by fundamental > crazies or is this the essence of the religion > …the practicioners need to speak up > more… a religion where women are not allowed to show their faces in public and where their holy book states the annihilation of all non-muslims in the world… i doubt there is much they can say to justify this “cultural center” for modern muslims.

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This mosque has as much to do with the falling of > the towers as my dog did. > > It’s a full two blocks away. It’s not like it’s > being built on the sight. If two blocks is too > close, what is the appropriate distance? Would > three blocks be okay? What about a mile? > > If you have a problem with this mosque than you > should also have a problem with any muslims > working or living within two blocks of ground > zero. lets say you dont have a problem with the mosque there, and neither do i, but Bubba from Square State has a problem with mosques and muslims, and Obama’s middle name. it’s easy to dismiss him as an uneducated narrowminded f.ucktard and build the mosque to show him in his face what freedom in america means. but what have you accomplished rather than antagonize him even more, consolidate his views about “terrorists”, and create an even bigger divide between you and him? having the ability to compromise from a superior position can achieve far more than just doing something your way and not giving a $hit what others think

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > a religion where women are not allowed to show > their faces in public and where their holy book > states the annihilation of all non-muslims in the > world… i doubt there is much they can say to > justify this “cultural center” for modern muslims. you must be Bubba from Square State that i mentioned in my previous post. i’m trying to have a moderate position for people such as yourself, hopefully you appreciate it

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ZeroBonus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > a religion where women are not allowed to show > > their faces in public and where their holy book > > states the annihilation of all non-muslims in > the > > world… i doubt there is much they can say to > > justify this “cultural center” for modern > muslims. > > you must be Bubba from Square State that i > mentioned in my previous post. i’m trying to have > a moderate position for people such as yourself, > hopefully you appreciate it nicely played

Associating the 9/11 terrorist with Islam is like associating the Westboro Baptist Church with Christianity. For those of you unfamiliar with Westboro Baptist Church, these are the yayhoos who stage protests at everything.

I actually have a terrible sense of smell. This disability has served me well on a number of occassions. gauri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > murders&executions Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This mosque has as much to do with the falling > of > > the towers as my dog did. > > > > It’s a full two blocks away. It’s not like it’s > > being built on the sight. If two blocks is too > > close, what is the appropriate distance? Would > > three blocks be okay? What about a mile? > > > > If you have a problem with this mosque than you > > should also have a problem with any muslims > > working or living within two blocks of ground > > zero. > > If someone took a dump two tables away from your > cube…you would still smell it.

Edited pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > one of the underlying problem is that the question > is if american principles have been hijacked by fundamental > crazies or is this the essence of xenophobia practiced by the right > …the vocal minorities of this country need to shut up sometimes and read the constitution and bill of rights

ok but ur analogy doesnt quite hold up from time to time america does succumb to its lowest common denominator but then the sesnsiible majority rise up and say not in my voice …as chris rock said how bad was bush …bush f ed it up for white guys as president …look man anyhow u spin it islam practioners need to come to term that trhey share the earth with infidels n that compromise is possible

I think its fair that only people from NYC should be allowed to have a say in this.

i agree that the mosque shouldnt be @ wtc but m&e raises an interesting point how far is far enough and when does this start to feel like the phenomena known as white flight? …there needs to be more discussion on this …AFers weigh in

my question and the true essence of this issue, does it violate anything in the updated SOPH Ed. 10?

Yes, are muslims the new jews? Or is it Hispanics/ Latinos?

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >there needs to be more > discussion on this …AFers weigh in I understand having this discussion in closed minded societies that are run by dictators. But having this discussion in the land of the free? For shame.

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This mosque has as much to do with the falling of > the towers as my dog did. > > It’s a full two blocks away. It’s not like it’s > being built on the sight. If two blocks is too > close, what is the appropriate distance? Would > three blocks be okay? What about a mile? > > If you have a problem with this mosque than you > should also have a problem with any muslims > working or living within two blocks of ground > zero. The site is 600 feet from the former WTC and was struck by debris when the towers fell.

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ZeroBonus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > a religion where women are not allowed to show > > their faces in public and where their holy book > > states the annihilation of all non-muslims in > the > > world… i doubt there is much they can say to > > justify this “cultural center” for modern > muslims. > > you must be Bubba from Square State that i > mentioned in my previous post. i’m trying to have > a moderate position for people such as yourself, > hopefully you appreciate it Thanks bro, appreciation appreciated I am just stating the obvious. I feel that these so called intellectuals in this country are turning into a bunch of politically correct morons who don’t want to compromise their “good guys” image even at the expense of their own safety. All I know is I better not see any of you ground zero mosque supporters ever bashing our gov’t for 9/11 and how it could’ve been prevented because mindsets like you are the reason why this country is so vulnerable to these so called “terrorist attacks” Before you write off these guys as “islamic extremists” I suggest you take a trip to their countries and interview their average citizens. Most of them share the same point of views (i.e US is terrible and anti Islam blah blah blah BS) Also on a side note I still can’t believe this numskull of a president of ours shut down Guantanamo because it was inhumane? Seriously? Are you really comparing water boarding to road side bombs and suicide bombs?