Building a mosque near ground zero?

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mobius Striptease Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ZeroBonus Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > > a religion where women are not allowed to > show > > > their faces in public and where their holy > book > > > states the annihilation of all non-muslims in > > the > > > world… i doubt there is much they can say > to > > > justify this “cultural center” for modern > > muslims. > > > > you must be Bubba from Square State that i > > mentioned in my previous post. i’m trying to > have > > a moderate position for people such as > yourself, > > hopefully you appreciate it > > Thanks bro, appreciation appreciated > > I am just stating the obvious. I feel that these > so called intellectuals in this country are > turning into a bunch of politically correct morons > who don’t want to compromise their “good guys” > image even at the expense of their own safety. > > All I know is I better not see any of you ground > zero mosque supporters ever bashing our gov’t for > 9/11 and how it could’ve been prevented because > mindsets like you are the reason why this country > is so vulnerable to these so called “terrorist > attacks” Before you write off these guys as > “islamic extremists” I suggest you take a trip to > their countries and interview their average > citizens. Most of them share the same point of > views (i.e US is terrible and anti Islam blah blah > blah BS) > > Also on a side note I still can’t believe this > numskull of a president of ours shut down > Guantanamo because it was inhumane? Seriously? Are > you really comparing water boarding to road side > bombs and suicide bombs? Glenn Beck/ Rush Limbaugh fanboy? And its “numbskull”.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Glenn Beck/ Rush Limbaugh fanboy? And its > “numbskull”. I am a democrat

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Glenn Beck/ Rush Limbaugh fanboy? And its > > “numbskull”. > > I am a democrat You sure? How come you are calling BO an numbskull? BTW guantanamo is still open. I also agree that a mosque should not be built next to the WTC site.

How’d that executive order to close guantanamo in the first year working? It was either a naive move or simply pandering to a base (probably the latter). Closing it is purley symbolic and there’s a reason it’s still open.

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How’d that executive order to close guantanamo in > the first year working? It was either a naive > move or simply pandering to a base (probably the > latter). Closing it is purley symbolic and > there’s a reason it’s still open. They will be trasferring the prisoners to Thomson Correctional Center, Thomson, Illinois.

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How’d that executive order to close guantanamo in > the first year working? It was either a naive > move or simply pandering to a base (probably the > latter). Closing it is purley symbolic and > there’s a reason it’s still open. that’s one of my fav things to point out as it was obama’s item #1 on his agenda back when he took office. still open, still looking to place the prisoners, still looking to find a way to not be at war with terrorists. i still think the mosque is fine. just waiting for the protests, pro/anti war and religion and whatnot. how ironic would it be if it got bombed? or if someone drew graffitti of the profit on it? the city’s real problem would be if it were turned into a trojan horse where all these guys would be claiming racism/profiling/etc. and smuggled extremists and bomb materials into it, using the site as a safe haven.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Analyze_This Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > How’d that executive order to close guantanamo > in > > the first year working? It was either a naive > > move or simply pandering to a base (probably > the > > latter). Closing it is purley symbolic and > > there’s a reason it’s still open. > > > They will be trasferring the prisoners to Thomson > Correctional Center, Thomson, Illinois. Maybe a few of them, but I’m not holding my breath that that prison in Cuba will be closed any time soon.

I’m always amazed at how many financial analyst are irrational.

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m always amazed at how many financial analyst > are irrational. Why do you think the markets imploded and we are in the quagmire that we are in?

Equating these terrorist to islam is like equating the Westboro Baptist Church to christianity. If you’re unfamiliar with the Westboro Baptist Churcj, look it up sometime.

M&E looked at the westboro church thanks for the mention never knew of their existence per se but a much more dangerous case i guess would be the LRA led by good old Joe Kony but my point is this in every religion has its base nut jobs but islam seems to be different in that they equate religion and rule of law to be the same…so while in western socety ideas of justice is based in part on chrisitanity it is also based on myriad philosophies …in islam the end all be all is religion and this in my opiion is wrong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord’s_Resistance_Army

i’m amazed at how people let these guys use islam as a cloak to spread hate and death.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m amazed at how people let these guys use islam > as a cloak to spread hate and death. Actually the branch of Islam that is planning to build this is called Sufism, a very moderate group who thenselves are under attack from Islamic extremists.

i would love to believe the whole argument about how one should not blame an entire religion based on the acts of a few extremists; however, i have yet to encounter one “moderate” muslim condemn the acts of these “terrorists” if you have money for a $100m mosque I am sure you have money for a campaign to persuade non-muslims to believe that islam is against such activities and that it is a peaceful religion however, i see little of that but more of how mosques in the western countries are nothing but breeding grounds for home grown terror. Call it western media or call it political propaganda, I still think its true unless I am told or explained otherwise.

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i have > yet to encounter one “moderate” muslim condemn the > acts of these “terrorists” > with your sweet and open-minded attitude on the subject, you are not likely to. you approach the topic as if a moderate, law-abiding muslim owes you some sort of explanation apriori, that he has to convince you he is not a crazed terrorist before you start treating him on a par level as a fellow human being? the natural reaction of most people faced with that aggression is to get defensive and tell you to go f.uck yourself. so no, you wont meet your moderate muslim cause you are behind your wall of prejudice

ZeroBonus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mobius Striptease Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ZeroBonus Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > > a religion where women are not allowed to > show > > > their faces in public and where their holy > book > > > states the annihilation of all non-muslims in > > the > > > world… i doubt there is much they can say > to > > > justify this “cultural center” for modern > > muslims. > > > > you must be Bubba from Square State that i > > mentioned in my previous post. i’m trying to > have > > a moderate position for people such as > yourself, > > hopefully you appreciate it > > Thanks bro, appreciation appreciated > > I am just stating the obvious. I feel that these > so called intellectuals in this country are > turning into a bunch of politically correct morons > who don’t want to compromise their “good guys” > image even at the expense of their own safety. > > All I know is I better not see any of you ground > zero mosque supporters ever bashing our gov’t for > 9/11 and how it could’ve been prevented because > mindsets like you are the reason why this country > is so vulnerable to these so called “terrorist > attacks” Before you write off these guys as > “islamic extremists” I suggest you take a trip to > their countries and interview their average > citizens. Most of them share the same point of > views (i.e US is terrible and anti Islam blah blah > blah BS) > > Also on a side note I still can’t believe this > numskull of a president of ours shut down > Guantanamo because it was inhumane? Seriously? Are > you really comparing water boarding to road side > bombs and suicide bombs? That is due to the worst foreign policy decision in US history: giving UNCONDITIONAL support to Israel and picking a side. Eisenhower was the last one who was actually objective in the conflict…and that was 50 years ago.

Here’s a bumper sticker for you “Everything I wanted to know about Islam I learned on 911.”

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ZeroBonus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Mobius Striptease Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > ZeroBonus Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > > > > > a religion where women are not allowed to > > show > > > > their faces in public and where their holy > > book > > > > states the annihilation of all non-muslims > in > > > the > > > > world… i doubt there is much they can say > > to > > > > justify this “cultural center” for modern > > > muslims. > > > > > > you must be Bubba from Square State that i > > > mentioned in my previous post. i’m trying to > > have > > > a moderate position for people such as > > yourself, > > > hopefully you appreciate it > > > > Thanks bro, appreciation appreciated > > > > I am just stating the obvious. I feel that > these > > so called intellectuals in this country are > > turning into a bunch of politically correct > morons > > who don’t want to compromise their “good guys” > > image even at the expense of their own safety. > > > > All I know is I better not see any of you > ground > > zero mosque supporters ever bashing our gov’t > for > > 9/11 and how it could’ve been prevented because > > mindsets like you are the reason why this > country > > is so vulnerable to these so called “terrorist > > attacks” Before you write off these guys as > > “islamic extremists” I suggest you take a trip > to > > their countries and interview their average > > citizens. Most of them share the same point of > > views (i.e US is terrible and anti Islam blah > blah > > blah BS) > > > > Also on a side note I still can’t believe this > > numskull of a president of ours shut down > > Guantanamo because it was inhumane? Seriously? > Are > > you really comparing water boarding to road > side > > bombs and suicide bombs? > > > That is due to the worst foreign policy decision > in US history: giving UNCONDITIONAL support to > Israel and picking a side. Eisenhower was the > last one who was actually objective in the > conflict…and that was 50 years ago. Not too stupid to be in alliance with the only nuclear power in middle east :slight_smile: