Business school at U. Michigan

All these Michigan fans nominating ASU for the Rose Bowl or whatever. Face it, it’s not because ASU is so good…

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mlh, partial scholarships. None of those have > $20,000-$35,000 scholarships. More like $2,000. > And the vast majority of them walked-on to earn > them. I follow recruiting religiously. There are > very few recruits in the top 1,000 that commit to > D-IAA teams. lol… Va Tech fans look at “top 1000” recruits. I hear the Va Tech class will be amazing, good luck cracking the top 20!!!

didn’t notice you’d updated the previous post to include top 1000 recruits. i don’t follow recruiting that closely. but i’d venture a guess that lots of top 1000 recruits don’t pan out while lots of guys who didn’t make it to the top 1000 end up getting drafted on the first day of the draft. i bet number 999 is pretty hard to distinguish from number 1999, especially when you consider they’re playing against high school teams that hardly play each other and you’re trying to project how they’ll be in three or four years. i’m just saying that some of these schools can assemble some gems the other schools left behind or overlooked.

Mike Hart was not standing on the sideline for 3 quarters. He missed at most 2 series during the 3rd quarter. Check the play by play on ESPN.com to verify if you doubt me. jrumph Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > U-M alum here. I was at the game and I’m still > not over it. I can rant for an hour easily about > all the things that went wrong, but what’s the > point? The team was unprepared and got beat. > Hart was the only guy who showed up for us and for > some reason was forced to stand on the sideline > with a “thigh bruise” for 3 quarters. > > I looked forward to this year with Hart, Henne, > and Long all as seniors. For those saying the NC > is still possible, get over it. I don’t care if > USC has two losses and Michigan runs the table, no > one is going to vote for someone who can’t beat a > Div IAA team. > > App State may be the BEST Div IAA team, but it is > still essentialy varsity against JV and JV ran all > over varisty on Saturday.

LSU will dominate VT saturday. D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E More interestingly, I wonder who would win in a spelling bee.

johnclevohio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mike Hart was not standing on the sideline for 3 > quarters. He missed at most 2 series during the > 3rd quarter. Check the play by play on ESPN.com > to verify if you doubt me. > > jrumph Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > U-M alum here. I was at the game and I’m still > > not over it. I can rant for an hour easily > about > > all the things that went wrong, but what’s the > > point? The team was unprepared and got beat. > > Hart was the only guy who showed up for us and > for > > some reason was forced to stand on the sideline > > with a “thigh bruise” for 3 quarters. > > > > I looked forward to this year with Hart, Henne, > > and Long all as seniors. For those saying the > NC > > is still possible, get over it. I don’t care > if > > USC has two losses and Michigan runs the table, > no > > one is going to vote for someone who can’t beat > a > > Div IAA team. > > > > App State may be the BEST Div IAA team, but it > is > > still essentialy varsity against JV and JV ran > all > > over varisty on Saturday. I was at the game. I saw him standing on the sideline next to the coaches trying to get in. Brandon Minor played the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Hart only went back in in the 4th when Lloyd finally realized there was a chance we’d lose. Too bad it was already too late. I may have over-exagerrated he was out a full three quarters, but he missed much more than “at most 2 series in the third”.

Stop whining rumph, at least you’re not Notre Dame…

MFE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LSU will dominate VT saturday. D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E > > More interestingly, I wonder who would win in a > spelling bee. Geesh, what a creative post. Who would win in a spelling bee? Not sure, but I know most LSU and VT graduates put periods at the end of sentences, even if those sentences are fragments. And most would capitalize “Saturday” as a proper noun.

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > kkent Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mlh, partial scholarships. None of those have > > $20,000-$35,000 scholarships. More like $2,000. > > > And the vast majority of them walked-on to earn > > them. I follow recruiting religiously. There > are > > very few recruits in the top 1,000 that commit > to > > D-IAA teams. > > > lol… Va Tech fans look at “top 1000” recruits. > I hear the Va Tech class will be amazing, good > luck cracking the top 20!!! Is this even an intelligible post? I can’t even figure out what you’re saying.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ahahah Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > kkent Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > mlh, partial scholarships. None of those > have > > > $20,000-$35,000 scholarships. More like > $2,000. > > > > > And the vast majority of them walked-on to > earn > > > them. I follow recruiting religiously. > There > > are > > > very few recruits in the top 1,000 that > commit > > to > > > D-IAA teams. > > > > > > lol… Va Tech fans look at “top 1000” recruits. > > > I hear the Va Tech class will be amazing, good > > luck cracking the top 20!!! > > > > Is this even an intelligible post? I can’t even > figure out what you’re saying. Dude, top 1000 isn’t exactly selective, but then again, if your goal is to crack the top 25 then I guess that’ll work… Come on, you’re Va Tech, you have to be able to do better than that…

Obviously there was some miscommunication. I was saying that few D-IAA teams get players in the top 1,000. VT’s recruiting is usually garbage by the rankings (we hang out in the top 100-350). Starting to come around some though. But critcism accepted (it’s actually correct; we don’t usually break top 25).

Ooohh, we don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan We don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we’re from Ohio We’re from Ohio…O-H We’re from Ohio…I-O Ooohh, we don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan The whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan We don’t give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we’re from Ohio Had to spend 7 years in Michigan after growing up in Ohio, i’ve never had a good time in Ann Arbor. I love it here in Columbus. Even though Michigan screwed the Big Ten in the BCS, I love it anyway. Helps take away some of last year’s disappointment. I think that Appellation state and UM should switch schedules. Appellation state could give Notre Dame a run for their money, and possible make a low level bowl game. Appellation state doesn’t know how to lose.

Looks like OSU is the one screwing the Big Ten in terms of turning out smart graduates. “Even though Michigan screwed the Big Ten in the BCS, I love it anyway. Helps take away some of last year’s disappointment. I think that Appellation state and UM should switch schedules. Appellation state could give Notre Dame a run for their money, and possible make a low level bowl game. Appellation state doesn’t know how to lose.” Preserved for all to see.

LOL.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I follow recruiting religiously. How do you do that (e.g., good websites)?

Best two sites are rivals.com and scout.com. UNC has actually recruited a pretty strong class last year. They got, arguably, the top player in the country. I personally like Scout better, but rivals can be pretty good too.

Those are cool. Thanks! Maybe Butch is doing his thing about recruiting for Carolina. I don’t understand why for years Carolina has always had a mediocre football team. Carolina has a very wide fan base; almost every year Carolina is #1 in selling merchandise across the country (Michigan sometimes steps into the #1 spot). The stadium is great. The facilities are great. The education is better or on par with programs who do a great job recruiting (e.g., top 3 schools in recruiting are Notre Dame - more selective than UNC, UCLA - about the same selectivity as UNC, Texas - less selective than UNC). Carolina would get plenty of respect by the BCS computers if they ran the table. I guess its just hard to get great players to commit if they think that the best thing that is likely to happen is a 7 - 5 record and a berth in the Alamo Bowl.

HoldSideAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Looks like OSU is the one screwing the Big Ten in > terms of turning out smart graduates. > > “Even though Michigan screwed the Big Ten in the > BCS, I love it anyway. Helps take away some of > last year’s disappointment. I think that > Appellation state and UM should switch schedules. > Appellation state could give Notre Dame a run for > their money, and possible make a low level bowl > game. Appellation state doesn’t know how to > lose.” > > Preserved for all to see. Haha, I love it.

Joey: As a D-1 recruit for football a few years ago, having football be the top sport of a school is pretty important. At UNC, football will always be overshadowed by basketball, at least for the foreseeable future. I had some friends that were recruited by UNC. Whenever we checked the football coaches mail box for recruitment letters, UNC letters were just thrown away. If theres a chance to play at a top D-1 school you take it. I would equate it to being in the hunt for a BB job somewhere in New York to boutique out in Chicago. A majority would want the BB job just to say so (talking about top recruits).

Also, it’s tough for UNC because it’s a fairly small state that turns out an average number of recruits, but the top schools, like independence in Charlotte, get raided by UF, UGA and UT every year. Furthermore, they have to compete with NC State, Wake, Duke, and even UVA/Va Tech to an extent, for the leftovers. It’s not like the state of GA or Florida which can support multiple in-state top 10 recruiting classes based on the number of players they turn out. If you look at a school like Texas, they don’t even have to try at recruiting and will get 25+ commitments from top recruits by April every year just because the state produces so many top players…