CAIA Level 2 Exam - September 2021 - How did it go?

Where will we see the results show up? Under historical exam info?

sleepy…from HK

result is out

Passed. Web-site updated

2 Likes

they are out!!! passed! Just scrapped through, as expected :rofl:
6 borderline
2 higher
1 weakest

I’ll take it all!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Passed!

2 Likes

3 border line, 3 higher, 3 strongest

2 Likes

pass rate is only 58% which is very low by historical average

congratulations to all! Looks like most, if not all, here were lucky today! Time to celebrate.
I am so glad that I don’t have to go through this again!!!

Thank you God!!! :innocent:

2 Likes

Passed too (2 strong, 5 higher, 1 border, 1 low). Congrats to all who passed! For those who didn’t, keep your heads up, take a break, regroup and try again. I failed on my first attempt (my fault as i was too complacent).

3 Likes

I saw Fail when I refreshed the exam info page…was about to cry…then I click registration …it says you are eligible to join CAIA membership…now I know I mis-read “Fall” to “Fail” …scary…it is better to say March or September instead of spring or fail… :rofl:

1 Like

Hi!

Which program did you use to pass the exam? UM o Kaplan better?

Thank you

Passed!! 6 strongest, 2 higher, 1 border (which annoyed me, lol). So pumped

3 Likes

Congratulations! Your gut feelings were correct. Well done mate!

Well done Erica! Certainly, an achievement to be proud of! :+1: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thank you!!

I used the official digital curriculum from Wiley Learning, which was a bit too long, but I wanted to learn as much about alternatives as possible, but prep providers normally cut everything to the bones and make materials too condensed to understand the wider context. Plus Wiley has got a good mobile-friendly material that suits me very much. I learnt everything pretty much on the go. The problem I had with the UM’s study guide is that it was only readable on PC/Laptop which I really hated. Nonetheless, UM has got a big Q-bank, which I used only partially (like 50% of the database) and I also found their formula sheet useful. I wish I had left enough time to do all their MCQ and CR questions, but I am glad it worked for me with just 50% of the database.
With 10 days remaining before the exam, I signed up for an exam revision course with Edge Designation (they were offering 50% off from the normal price), a South African exam prep provider, which I am very happy I did because I managed to cover very quickly all the main concepts and calcs (all of which I could barely remember after spending months of reading the official text), and importantly, the Integrated topics. I only read once 4 or 5 of integrated topics (so again just half) and was getting shocked with all the lists and definitions that had to be remembered. The exam revision course that I used gave very condensed notes of the integrated topics, which again was very useful for someone like me who was running out of time. I don’t think I would pass L2 without that little nudge from Edge Designation.
I don’t want to say that you have to use the official curriculum because everybody is different. I think just to pass the exam prep providers’ materials may work fine, but if you are eager to learn the full curriculum I would probably advise you to read the official curriculum, then read condensed prep. providers’ study guide, followed by killing the UM’s Q-bank and, lastly, an exam revision course.
But again, everybody is different and other things may suit someone better… just my 2c.

I used the Schweser program for everything. I have my CFA charter so I only had to take L2.

Congrats to all who passed and condolences to those who didn’t! I remember how angsty these last few weeks were before getting results back in March, so I know it’s been an anxious few weeks.

I will say that I have really enjoyed being a member of CAIA and their webinars that they have - it’s been a better experience as a member than as a candidate, and I hope you all feel the same when you join.

1 Like

Hi Marlowe! I read some of your posts which were inspirational, so thanks for being an active member of this forum! :grin:

1 Like