CAIA Level 2 Exam - September 2021 - How did it go?

I used Kaplan as well

Passed as well!!! Sorry for the late reply. Was too crazy excited haha!

2 Likes

Anyone know who soon we will get our actual physical charter? I joined the membership but didn’t see an email of when I could expect it.

I read on this forum that people who passed the fall session started getting their charters in January/February. The member guide says the physical charter will be shipped within one quarter after being admitted to the membership.

any one knows what does “Other CRIs (20%)” stand for? just curious about the performance report

If my understanding is correct, those are two of the three critical response questions. ESG/Ethics/Regulation is the first CR question.

Aww, thanks @ronin47! I remember there were a couple of times I felt I was losing my sanity whilst I was studying for L2, both due to the material and due to having a 1 year old in the house who wasn’t shy of vocalizing whilst I was studying. :wink:

Really glad to hear you passed and it’s nice to hear my posts were helpful. Onward and upward!

Hi @Tom27B it takes a couple of months to get your physical charter. You will also get a badge you can post on LinkedIn, and that should come sooner – that should take about a month after you join, they do them in batches. Congrats!

Thanks Marlowe! :slight_smile:
I was in the same situation as you were! :joy:
With 1-year toddler twins in the house, little time for studying and then uncertainty whether I scored enough to pass (like you I estimated to score maybe in 63-67% range) I was hoping to scrape through just as you did :joy: :joy: :joy:
Your experience kept my hope alive! So thanks for that! :joy: :+1:

1 Like

With C2 studying alone seems to be not enough!
I read one post by an L2 candidate who had CFA, FRM and put in 200+ hours of studying and still failed.
It showed me that knowing the curriculum is not enough to pass. One needs something more than that! Maybe you can call it luck! :joy:
You know there are some exams that if you play everything right, you are pretty much certain to pass. It looks like with CAIA it doesn’t necessarily work that way. You either need a bit of luck to pass or a serious overkill in your preparations. I think I had the former.

The funniest part that “early tell” works but only close to exam release. It took me 1.5 hours to get an email after I found out on the web-site and the worst part: it doesn’t say anything whether you passed it or not. The worst couple minutes to log in and wait to see results.

Congrats to all!

How did you to prepare for the open question part? For MC (also in Level 1) going over and over the q bank worked quite well for me but that is obviously difficult for answering in words.

Moreover, what type of question are there to expect? Something like state 3 benefits etc. or do you have to comment on situations or statements?

Many thanks!

JD24 - in order to understand what type of questions to expect and how one should answer them, you need to use a Q-bank from prep providers. I used Uppermark for my L2. They have something like 500 critical response questions and answers. If you go through those questions and can answer them in writing, you should be ready for the actual exam. Remember that practising enough is half of the success (the other half being read diligently and understanding the concepts/formulas).
Good luck!

Hi folks,
I hope those who passed the Fall 2021 L2 exam are already enjoying their social life to full! :smile:
I’ve been wondering if anyone, who joined the CAIA membership after the Fall 2021 exams, has received the physical charter yet?

The new members had to provide an updated delivery address by 17th December 2021 after which CAIA was supposed to ship out the charter certificates.

Anyone?

Cheers!

Hi all

My charter was delivered today. I live in England.

Enjoy hanging your charter on your office wall! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Congratulations and great job!

Many thanks that helps a lot! Would you mind sharing which topics from the emerging ones (paper) where part of your exam?