CAIA Level 2

I had about 5 minutes left for the MC part to go through some marked questions and roughly 30 minutes left for the essay part

I also sat for the for Level II last week.

Having used Uppermark in preparation as well as the curriculum books, some questions still surprised me. Overall I do not think that neither the CAIA online mock nor the real exam was “easier” than the Uppermark Q-bank.

I second what KN has said about preparation.

Still dont know what to think about it. Alas, hmmm well … I left LvL I with a very bad feeling and passed very well.

Yet until the result are out I promised myself not to bother too much but rather enjoy free evenings and weekends

I also thought that the exam will be easier and was confident coming in as I covered the CAIA mock 3x and 7 Uppermark Mocks. I was surprised that it was a bit difficult ---- not the analytical stuff but difficult because of the rote memorization required for some questions.

I had barely 5 minutes left in my MC area but the essay I was done with in maybe half an hour? There was only one sub-question I was completely thrown by in the essay section but the rest came very easily to me. Walking out I thought the essay section was really easy, maybe it was more luck.

How can you be a CaIA level 3 candidate? There are only 2 levels

its analystforum cos im a cfa l3 candidate. uses that

massive change in CAIA L2 curriculum for 2017

From the CAIA website:

“The changes, found in the recently released Alternative Investments: CAIA Level II, 3rd Edition textbook, reflect new developments and the ongoing evolution of the fast-paced alternative investment industry. Over 14 new chapters have been included in this latest edition, including enhanced coverage of family offices and sovereign wealth funds, as well as alternative investment categories such as structured products and infrastructure, that are the source of a great deal of innovation in the marketplace today. The newly revised textbook is now available for order via Amazon.com or Wiley.com.”

14 new chapters? damn

I had the same reaction.

Sorry to be the one, but this is just plain unfair. Level 2 now contains 400 pages more curriculum according to Amazon. How is this comparable to the Level 2 that someone wrote this year or 1 year ago??

Dont get me wrong, i dont want an “easy” exam to just get the letters behind my name, thing i am angry about is that people had it much easier just 1 year ago to go through this.

core and integrated topics with ethics will now be tested on constructed response only

It actually seems like less work than the 2016 L2 exams in terms of topics and chapters. Have a look at the study guide for March 2017

I dont have the 2016 Level 2 study guide, but do you mean they remove some of the topics in the 2017 study guide? (but apparently they are still in the corebook with 400 pages more?)

Each year the topics from each book changes. Not all the chapters are studied for each year

It’s just a money making ploy. All the stuff of single family offices and infrastructure should be in level 1, not 2.

I got my Cfa charter 3 years ago and I can assure you that while the cfa was more work the level 1 CAIA exam was more challenging, and in an unfair way

Might be a rare case for you but I found CAIA much easier than CFA L1 even, many people I know failed CFA L1 but was able to obtain the CAIA charter fairly easily.

I see CAIA changed their website.

I just had a look at my L1 result and it says pass on the top and fail at the bottom of the page. Anyone else have this issue?

Yep, think its just a glitch based on the new portal.

Not really. Once again, it is much harder to prep for the CFA due to sheer volume but the exams don’t have any “gotcha” questions. CAIA is a relatively short study period but the exam contained a lot of nonsense