CAIA Level I results are out...

oh, this is not cool http://www.schweser.com/caia1m.php the schweser materials for March Level 2 i cant even order yet!!! i wanna order now, i want my mommy!!! : ) -

yah, passed… i wasn’t as anxious to get the results as I was for the cfa exam… i just want to know the detail breakdown of how well i did for each section; one more week for that release

daj: how’d you like the schweser materials for lvl 1? i used the uppermark stuff and thought it was fairly decent. the problem i have (or at least of what i heard) is that schweser is not comprehensive enough; one of the senior associates here just took level 2 (he’ll get the results in 2 weeks), and told me that he still had to refer back to the original text/books for some of the details. i had finally convinced myself to purchase schweser for lvl2 this time around… but after his comment i’m a bit unease.

I passed…used Uppermark and will use it again for level 2

uppermark is better than Kaplan for the CAIA. You don’t need the textbooks for it.

aite, i might stick w/ uppermark for level 2 then. thanks for your feedback guys

I passed level 1 with UpperMark. lol

I’m confused - what does CFA Level 1 have to do with the Coalition Against Israeli Apartheid?

I passed and used Schweser. I might consider Uppermark for LII.

passed. learned a lot. too bad they didnt test the harder stuff. i was done with first half in 48 minutes and 68 minutes for the second half.

good stuff guys. yeah, so i might take a risk and use uppermark for level 2 - if you guys who work in AI field can check around, I would appreciate it. I mostly talk to rsearch folks and CAIA is not big in this slice of the biz. adalfu - i used schweser for level 1 and liked it, overall. For CFA, I would never only rely on prep materials, but for CAIA I think u can get away with it

How good are the practice questions for Upper Mark? I found Schweser for CAIA level 1 good in every way, especially QBank.

I have an idea: uppermark for books and q bank to supplement. ya, i might do that

Yes, that’s a good idea. Just like crushin’ Natties and making it rain!!!

i find the testbank from uppermark pretty useful. surprising it was very similar to the actual exam, very quick/short type of questions and answers. i have no basis for comparison, so i couldn’t tell you which is better. im assuming schweser’s QBank questions are a bit longer than the actual exam? (I’m assuming this based on schweser’s CFA QBank materials – which are a bit longer/harder and more quantitative-intensive than the real exam, especially “book 7”).

Who is taking level II in March? I might not as need to concentrate on CFA L2.

Yes, I am planning to write level 2 in 2009…Has anyone written level 2 here??

@cfabonston28: I’m postponing CAIA L2 till sept 09 since I too will be writing CFA L2 next june.

studynow2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, I am planning to write level 2 in 2009…Has > anyone written level 2 here?? I am planning to take the CAIA L2 in Sep 2009 because I have to take the CFA L3 in June. Anyone here taking FRM?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree…Schweser notes assume that the reader > has done Level I of CFA and currently pursuing > Level II. If one doesnt know CFA stuff, he will > surely fail by reading only Schweser notes. I will not recommend Schweser for CAIA to anyone. I couldnt believe the notes were not at all worth it. I am going to use UpperMark when I take CAIA L2. I felt that the author has just scribbled certain things and Schweser printed and sold those notes. The notes have so many errors and are totally misleading. Though I have never seen UpperMark notes, I am still assuming them to be better than Schweser CAIA. Ofcourse, I have liked the Schweser notes for CFA levels 1 and 2 and will continue using them for L3 as well.