CAIA Level I results are out...

I wrote CAIA L2 in September. The test was bit tougher than L1. The writing part was not bad at all. I do agree that Schweser (it is what I used) is not the best prep tool for L2.

i take level 2 CAIA in march. I wanna get it done with and then shoot for CFA 2 in June 09. I think postponing CAIA to Sept 09 is a bad idea, since the CAIA “question” stlye is fresh in your head. PLUS, the level 2 material is not that different from level 1 - i read last night level 2 just asks you to apply it and go a bit more in depth Schweser for level 1 worked for me - I passed - so I would not clal it is scirbbled notes and filled with errors. I will wait for more conclusive evidence on uppermark before buying a prep service. Until scwheser march 09 notes come out, I will get back into CFA 2 studying, which is brutal.

You guys are nuts… but your multiple exam writing skills inspire me. Daj, don’t you also have an MBA in Finance? Your designations are going to be longer than your name

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys are nuts… but your multiple exam > writing skills inspire me. Daj, don’t you also > have an MBA in Finance? Your designations are > going to be longer than your name There is nothing wrong to learn and study… Just because you dont want to learn something my friend, why comment on others?

I’m sorry, did my post falsely imply that I don’t want to learn? I said it “inspired” me.

I’ve been putting the CAIA on hold for more than a year- and I should really write level 2 this sept. The stuff looks fascinating and I want to learn it.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You guys are nuts… but your multiple exam > writing skills inspire me. Daj, don’t you also > have an MBA in Finance? Your designations are > going to be longer than your name But nobody adds MBA after his name though. Also many companies ask MBA + CFA for mid level positions so you will see many candidates like him. I will not be shocked if this becomes mandatory in this field in next 3-5 years. BTW, I am one of them too.

Would Level 1 of the CAIA be practical to complete before taking Level 2 of the CFA in June?

Also, since I just got layed off, there is a chance I may not be working at that point.

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Would Level 1 of the CAIA be practical to complete > before taking Level 2 of the CFA in June? It would be tough but you know better that how much you can push yourself.

> > But nobody adds MBA after his name though. Also > many companies ask MBA + CFA for mid level > positions so you will see many candidates like > him. I will not be shocked if this becomes > mandatory in this field in next 3-5 years. > > exactly. we are a dime a dozen. people and family think we are some special breed, but everybody has the CFA/ MBA in the worlds we traverse. Only outsiders get impressed.

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You guys are nuts… but your multiple exam > > writing skills inspire me. Daj, don’t you also > > have an MBA in Finance? Your designations are > > going to be longer than your name > > > But nobody adds MBA after his name though. Also > many companies ask MBA + CFA for mid level > positions so you will see many candidates like > him. I will not be shocked if this becomes > mandatory in this field in next 3-5 years. > > BTW, I am one of them too. Interesting point. I’ve noticed this too for people working in finance. I guess it’s just expected huh? Everyone with an MBA who works here in the Calgary oil and gas industry puts MBA after his or her name… even if it’s from an online university :wink:

i put MBA after my name and got raped by MDs and DORS. they laughed, so I learned my lesson. dont put MBA after your name.